Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Re-creating a Georgia Giant....Home Coming Pics 3/27 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Re-creating a Georgia Giant....Home Coming Pics 3/27
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this first..
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=000055

The form took quite a bit of work to get the right fit... this buck was huge! The head that came on the form was terrible, so I changed it out with a much nicer version.....ready to go....
 -
 -

Some clay work...with out a doubt the part of a mount that "makes or breaks"..."The window to the soul"....
 -
 -

Getting the skin "taxi'd"....to get the skin on the way it was cut to be mounted, the head/neck had to be cut off and then re-attached after it was put into the skin....
 -
 -

The long sewing process getting started....
 -

Upper and lower lips tucked as well as the nostrils.....
 -

hang on,more coming....

[ March 27, 2009, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17113 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking good Curt!!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4784 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eyes tucked, but will need some touching up later...
 -

More sewing,ugggggh!
 -

I ran out of time, so I wrapped this leg with plastic to keep it hydrated for the final sewing the next morning(Cade laughed when he saw it, said it looked like the deer had a cast)....
 -

Mounted, but still needs to dry for final finish work....then will be hand delivered!!
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Posts: 17113 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

-
 -

This guy was a real warrior, scarred all over. Both eye lids had been cut and healed, one nostril had been gored and healed, and he had fresh fighting wounds all over his head, neck and shoulders. The rack looks more like a Sask. buck, dark, gnarly, a heavy bases.....he's everything a big mature buck 'ought to be....a true traditional trophy....and he fell to a very deserving hunter...congrats again bud [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

RUSTY1
Contributor 2011
Member # 18910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RUSTY1   Email RUSTY1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's AWSOME!!!!!!

--------------------
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 779 | From: Greenville,SC | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ishoot4thrills
Contributor 2014
Member # 18541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ishoot4thrills   Author's Homepage   Email ishoot4thrills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I am in awe! I think I got drool on my keyboard. That is excellent work on a great buck. Congrats!

--------------------
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Posts: 4132 | From: Cecilia, Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apex Predator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apex Predator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the ride guys! That is a great buck Terry!

--------------------
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Posts: 3601 | From: Brunswick, Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
SPONSOR
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is incredible artwork! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 6864 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Gerardi
Contributor 2014
Member # 11242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Gerardi   Email Mike Gerardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck Terry! And Awsome!!! work Curt. You have great skill dude.
Posts: 2183 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You sure do nice work, Curt and apparently so does Terry! The eyes do make the mount, don't they.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11330 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt, thats awesome , God's blessed you bud!!mark#78 [clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [wavey]

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12165 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmerc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmerc   Author's Homepage   Email jimmerc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW< Curt, T [clapper] [clapper] [clapper] hat is some real nice work there!!!

--------------------
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Posts: 955 | From: cicero ny | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2015
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Curt. That is what I call a "roman" nose on that big boy. What a speciman. Terry should be proud. [thumbsup]
Posts: 3398 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaff   Email Gaff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man thats nice!!!'

hey curt, it looks like your grass is starting to green?? im jealous, i can just start to see mine under the 18" of snow i still have...

gaff

--------------------
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Posts: 642 | From: the Berkshires (Clarksburg MA.) | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Kleinig
Contributor 2012
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Kleinig   Email Ben Kleinig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've got a heck of a talent, Curt!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 5868 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©