Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Re-creating a Georgia Giant....Home Coming Pics 3/27 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Re-creating a Georgia Giant....Home Coming Pics 3/27
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the 'looking away' angle is pretty impressive...so I'm not going to worry about having the perfect 'spot'.

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

I've never been to Compton's, but hope to make it one year soon.

Posts: 25607 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you fellas, again I appreciate the very kind words.....

Here's a much more detailed "mount-a-long" I did a couple years ago on one of my deer...it's in the "Build Along" forum.....
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=000093;p=1

A little backround....

No, I don't do it full time anymore. At one time in my life I was full time taxidermist and competed all over the country. I was blessed with some skill in the field and won the Joe Bruchac award for the best Whitetail shoulder mount in the nation 2 years in a row. An accomplishment I'm very, very proud of. I think I might still be the only guy to win two of those awards, but I'm not sure. Kinda fell out of touch with that sorts stuff. That was the end of my competition days though....

"Life" caught up to me and I took a "real job" with bennies back in '95. Then wife, house,and kids, and haven't had time to compete since. But wouldn't have it any other way......

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 16824 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.S.TRAPPER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K.S.TRAPPER   Email K.S.TRAPPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt you are the man [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] [thumbsup]

Nice buck Terry, Hopefully Curt will do some of my bucks for me in the future. Put me on that list Vance ol buddy. [Wink]

Tracy

--------------------
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Posts: 2579 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing Curt. Looks great man!

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 734 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finished him up last night and we'll be headed south tomorrow....

-

-

-

-

A little closer.....

-

-

This one really shows the mass....

-

Closer yet....

-

Hopefully he'll be hangin' in his new home tomorrow evening.....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 16824 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic work man!!

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4784 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IB
Contributor 2010
Member # 7360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IB         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW That is some kinda unreal eye work there Curt....What's better than "OUTSTANDING and ASTONISHING" ????
Posts: 2981 | From: Somewhere over the Rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21781 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allan f
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allan f   Email allan f   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know a lot about taxidermy, but I do know that deer looks like its about to walk away......very nice sir!
Allan

Posts: 173 | From: Ottawa/Cantley Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frassettor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frassettor   Author's Homepage   Email frassettor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you ship something like that [Confused] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [scared]

--------------------
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Posts: 4250 | From: WI | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Curt! That's a beaut for sure! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1521 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowmaster12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowmaster12   Email bowmaster12   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great eye detail! I always have trouble with deer eyes fidn myself re-claying like 3 times before i get it just right great job!
Posts: 483 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Assoc. Sponsor
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

Yep, that about sums it up really.

[clapper]

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 4963 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DW   Author's Homepage   Email DW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a beautiful mount Curt.....Skyler said you were gonna do the next big one that he kills [Smile] ......BRING a good rain suit, we'll need it the first couple of days.....headed to the funeral home tonight and will call you in the morning.....

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1486 | From: northeast alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ishiwannabe
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ishiwannabe   Email ishiwannabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful work bud! Truly one of the best mounts I have seen. Looks like he is getting ready to turn around and ghost on out of there...

--------------------
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
-Jamie

Posts: 4439 | From: Coxsackie, NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©