Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Oughta be cool - Favorite traditional/Primitive photos (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Oughta be cool - Favorite traditional/Primitive photos
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great thread and great pics!

This was a great day, the first time the boy and I were both shooting traditional bows!

-

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3548 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went stump shooting the other day and went looking for this!

The buck I killed this year I grunted him in from across a swamp, he stopped here for a minute to make this rub, I watched him make it, I grunted again and he came right to me!

If you look to the left of the tree that the rub is in, the first tree leaning away from my bow limb is the tree I was sitting in. Off the right side, the dark tree leaning in thats just above the beaver balls on my string is where he was standing when I put the arrow thru him! It was pretty awesome to go back there and hang out for a bit!

-

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3548 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trapperDave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trapperDave   Email trapperDave       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my 2 favorites...
 -
 -

Posts: 1603 | From: Shirley, IN | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingwouldbe
*unregistered*
Member # 11698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kingwouldbe   Email Kingwouldbe       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

My son and I out shooting our bows, those where the days.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first deer, 1969. Bear Grizzly, Bear Microflight arrows.
 -
My son in 1970 trying to learn the ropes.
 -
A few years later.
 -
My daughter in 1978 or 79.
 -
These four (two of mine and two nieces) are the parents of 9 children today.
 -

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 4117 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ken denton
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ken denton   Author's Homepage   Email ken denton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 - Middle of the 1960's with my Black Widow bow by Wilson brothers(66"57#@31")and Micro Flight arrows and Eskimo 4 blade.
It was kind of interesting the way we got that bobcat in that we were calling crows with a 45 RPM player and my buddy Weldon had shot a crow with a blunt and it flew off with the arrow. We split up to find it and I had walked about 30 yards and looked up in a oak and he was crouching. I drew and shot and when he hit the ground I shot him again.

--------------------
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Posts: 1605 | From: Fredericksburg,Tx 78624 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobCo 1965
Contributor 2014
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobCo 1965   Email BobCo 1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son Josh's (aquarius archer here on tradgang) picture that he had Byron Ferguson sign. I think Josh was 8 in the picture:

-

Posts: 2044 | From: NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schultzy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schultzy   Email Schultzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CheapShot:
My favorite picture of a future trad shooter is our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter Katelyn in the backyard. We had a ball with her the first time she shot this bow.

-

Awesome!!!!!!!!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 258 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schultzy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schultzy   Email Schultzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My brother and I back In 1980. I was 6 years old and he was 3 years old.

-

Posts: 258 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Fry
SPONSOR
Member # 386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Fry   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Fry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Charlie , dig out some of those old photos bud.

--------------------
www.raptorarchery.com
Happy Hunting,
Ted

Posts: 1552 | From: www.raptorarchery.com | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernCaliforniaHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernCaliforniaHunter   Author's Homepage   Email NorthernCaliforniaHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sweet kiddo Sophia (age 5)

-

--------------------
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Posts: 1652 | From: Santa Rosa, California | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ken denton
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ken denton   Author's Homepage   Email ken denton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 - A few years ago I had to wheel my buck out with my dog. A interesting photo! Ken

--------------------
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Posts: 1605 | From: Fredericksburg,Tx 78624 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Divinecedar
Member # 17141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Divinecedar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any awesome pictures like you guys, but I have a couple where I don't look like a complete goofball. My favorites are the one's with the shofar (Biblical trumpet)...

-

-

-

-

Posts: 90 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Whisperstik at rest
 -

My best bud (Lowebow) and I re-fueling
 -

-

Listening for the wilds to tell us the direction of the day
 -

-

Monkey business at camp
 -

--------------------
"We hunt because we enjoy it. How you get that enjoyment is for you to decide."

Posts: 7518 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkbreath
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkbreath   Email elkbreath   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wish I could sing this song to a willing audience more often

-

stumpin

-

how it begins

-

-

--------------------
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Posts: 1174 | From: Finally back in wyo!!! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©