Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Build Alongs » The Tollhouse Recurve (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Tollhouse Recurve
trashwood
Charter Member
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trashwood   Author's Homepage   Email trashwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh goodness [Smile]

rusty

Posts: 5715 | From: fort worth, TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hog Wild
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hog Wild   Email Hog Wild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's gonna be a BEAUTY! [thumbsup] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Sawdust, Wood Chips, and Shavings are as close to Potpourri as I get!!!!!!

Posts: 763 | From: Sebastian ,Florida | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Charter Member
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo   Email Timo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's looking good Dano! At the rate your goin,I suppose you'll have this one done by the end of the day?

Takes me forever anymore!

--------------------
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Posts: 4781 | From: Hickory co.Mo. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Spencer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Spencer   Email Jim Spencer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking good,Dano...really enjoying this post.
Posts: 354 | From: Maine | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dano   Author's Homepage   Email Dano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[bigsmyl] Tim, I was thinking about mixin up some Tbird [Big Grin] No I'm not that far along, I do have the handle shaped, I need to get out and put a few arrows through her yet, Then I gotta figure out what to do with the tips, maybe some overlays. So far a slight string groove in the belly has held the string in place pretty good, we'll see how they work out when a shoot her. She's 40# @24 after course sanding, I would have liked a little more wieght, but she feels pretty good so I'm happy. I'll get some more pictures later today. So who's goin out to the woods this afternoon?

--------------------
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Posts: 7500 | From: Nevada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocdoc   Email rocdoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dano.....you're raisin' the bar here man! [Not Worthy]

I've wanted to try one of these for a while, but I'm still trying to get the straight ones figured out.

This is going to be a 'working' recurve isn't it?

How much of the limb did you dedicate to the curves?

--------------------
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Posts: 1444 | From: Sapulpa, OK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dano   Author's Homepage   Email Dano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naw Doug just kinda pushin at the bar a little [Big Grin]
Yep the curves are working a tad, I used about 10" of limb on em. I think the key to this baby was the perfect piece of wood, heck the tips even lined up right at the start.

--------------------
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Posts: 7500 | From: Nevada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Charter Member
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo   Email Timo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dano,that is "Hickory county osage" ya kow? [bigsmyl]

Tip overlays look nice on them things.Maybe some buff horn?, and are you gonna lay a skin on her?

40#@ 24"? what's your draw buddy?

--------------------
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Posts: 4781 | From: Hickory co.Mo. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Timo, I gotta Keebler Elf draw 24" [bigsmyl]
"Hickory County osage" I love it. I was thinkin on antler overlays, and I don't know yet about a skin, we'll see.

--------------------

rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocdoc   Email rocdoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
24"!!! Heck Dano.....you're almost at full draw 'soon as ya' brace yur bow! [laffsmyl]

--------------------
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Posts: 1444 | From: Sapulpa, OK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh_IOWA
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh_IOWA   Email Josh_IOWA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DAno, there's somethin about yellow wood in that shape that sucks me in. I've spent a lot of time lookin at Master Marc's pictures and it looks to me like from the fades to the start of the recurves (at full draw) that a walkie talkie stick would be pretty much even gap the whole way out. And yes, I know you're smarter than me, but I want to know if i'm wrong here.

--------------------
Later, Josh. # 4143

Posts: 589 | From: IOWA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Very funny my friend [bigsmyl] Us short draw boys need a faster bow.
Josh, me smarter I don't think so [laffsmyl] Yep your right, I use a walkie talkie and yes pretty much even gap till the curves. Check out this full draw and see what you think.

-

The handle.
 -

-

--------------------

Jeff Strubberg
Contributor 2010
Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Strubberg   Email Jeff Strubberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dano, that's a work of art. "Spect we will be seeing that one slobbered on at MOJAM.

--------------------
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies" -Herodotus

Posts: 3508 | From: Linn, MO | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Thank you Jeff, sounds like your going to make it to MOJam this year huh? I look foreward to meeting you.

--------------------

rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Dano.....That is ONE BEATIFUL BOW!

Love the tiller transition into the curves at full draw. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

OK.....showing my ignorance again, What is a Walkie Talkie Stick?

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©