Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!
swampbuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbuck   Email swampbuck       Edit/Delete Post 
"OUCHHHHHH!!!!!!! OK How many of us can hardly move this morning LOL!!!!!!! "

You ain,t kiddin LOL!! I think many of us were leaking(blood) before all was said and done LOL Guru took one to the eye lid on the last drive and many of us were ripped up somewhere

Thanks again to Shawn and his parents!!

--------------------
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Posts: 3101 | From: Byron NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
Contributor 2014
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am still sore, and am now watching the snow fall, meaning I'll have to go fight with the snowblower at some point today. Here's some of the damage from the last couple of days.
 -

I know there's a lot more human blood was drawn that bunny blood, but what a great time it was.
I know I've said it already, but thank you Shawn, and Jake for having all of us for the weekend. And thanks to all that were there over the two days, it was awesome to meet you all, and if you are ever in the area of southeastern New Hampshire, you are always welcome at my home.

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4444 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meathook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meathook   Author's Homepage   Email Meathook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little stiff this morning lots of those marks on my hands legs and neck and head. Next time I will wear brush pants for sure.

I was having bunny dreams last night little lightning fast forms threading through the thick brush.

--------------------
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Posts: 4111 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe skipp   Email joe skipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a day and night. I got home around 7:30 last night only to realize I left my truck keys and wallet back at Shawns Dad's house! So...8:30 I took off for Albany again..I'm exhausted, nursing many scratches, still pulling thorns out and my left eye still has "sumpin" in it from when I crawled through those briars. Another great time, great fellas, the super great Leonard family for putting up with all of us and I even managed to get off 2 shots on the last drive of the day. I can't wait to see the pics of Sunday's crew....those Albany rabbits are pretty tough...I watched one get "thumped" by a 75# bow, nutter arrow at close range. The bunny rolled over, righted himself and took off...never to be seen again! Time to finish my coffee and start shoveling...

--------------------
I was shooting Hot Pink feathers before Fred Eichler was even born.

Posts: 6652 | From: Renegade Archery, Highland, NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow It's over already. Thanks to Shawn and his parents. They are great hosts and welcomed us into their home with open arms. Shawn, you did a great job and raised $300.00 for St Judes at the same time !! It's great to meet fellow Trad Gangers and get to hunt and shoot with everybody.
Thanks Again Shawn and family !!!

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2102 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn did you ever find Ben ?

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2102 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbuck   Email swampbuck       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,I saw that he did in another post.

I,d like to thank whom ever it was that donated the back quiver that I ended up winning [Big Grin] it will replace the one I have thats held together with duct tape.

Actually thanks to everybody it was a great time many donated to the cause and we got 300 for St Judes.

Congrads to Bob for connecting just seconds before Curts arrow anchored the same bunny.Of course I think Bob gave it a heart attack on his first shot,which was almost self defense LOL,the rabbit fell over to escape the first shot Bob turned loose only to not go far and meet his maker

Sonny did okay there was times when he pushed the bunnies the wrong way(they ran away from the drivers with the dog in pursuit instead of towards the sitters lol)many bunnies slipped out the back.It,s hard to push bunnies one way when a bellering beagle is in front of them.

--------------------
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Posts: 3101 | From: Byron NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
recurver
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for recurver   Email recurver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I left last night, Ben was still running them. He was really sounding off way down past the air strip. LOL.

Bryan

Posts: 696 | From: Catskills, New York | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyhollow
Contributor 2014
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyhollow   Email sleepyhollow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any more pics?, bummed that i missed it this year [Frown]
Posts: 2258 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Contributor 2014
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry   Email larry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sleepyhollow, we missed ya, Curt's got more pics, I'm sure he'll post some....Joe, you're right, them are some tuff bunnies, like I said, I think they're bionic. Shawn, thanks for putting this hunt together, and a big thank you to your parents for hosting us. really, what a great time. and it was good to meet some new faces as well seeing some of the guys from last year.

larry

Posts: 3075 | From: martville ny | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, but like I said it is all of you that made this one very memorable weekend. I knw the shot total was at least 82 and a ton of near misses. One of my favorite moments was when we were gathered in a field while waiting or the rest of the group and David says to Curt I will bet ya $2 you can't hit the feeder, and Bryan(Recurver)chimes in I give ya ten bucks. Well it had to be about 60yds,and Curt saysd I will take that bet and I say "Yeah, but put a hole in it and I get the money" Curt pulls back and lets it fly and Twang he glances one of the thing and says "There I hit it and didn't put a hole in it!". The money went into the ST. Judes pot!! I want to Thanks David and Curt who cooked up a little something, which was a bow made by David and some arrows Curt did for my Dad. My Dad and I talked about the hunt later and how good it made us both fell and we shared a tear as my Dad said what a great group of guys you all were and how it was the best time he has had since last years hunt. He(my Dad) is my best friend and We are both looking forward to hosting this again next year!!! I think everone had a great time and we not only hunted we killed a bunny and plenty of stumps, balloons, sticks and leaves along the way. Greg, Lars43's son put a hurtin' on one with a nutter from a 75# bow and it rolled over and kept going. I also found Ben last night around 7. Dad and I drove down back and yelled a few times and he was still runnin bunnies but finally gave up and came in. It is 4 now and he has only been off the couch once. It took us a day of huntin' but we figured out that if we did smaller pushes we blocked the rabbits pretty good and they exploded at the end. The first day I come walking out of a piece all bloody and I see Curt handing Mark Fedrizzi and arrow and I was like whats up with that and Mark said he had emptied his quiver as 5-6 rabbits ran by. I want to THANK EVERYONE for making this weekend one of the best of my life!!!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
Contributor 2014
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn the thanks really need to go to you and your family, including your wife, who not only lets you do this, but ran around for us getting lunches ready for us. What is it you kept saying, something like, "she's a good lady"? You hit that right on the head. Your mom and dad, my god, opening their house for the weekend to all of us and pretty much giving it up. I don't know what to say about that, it goes a long way in describing what type of people they are. You, all you did was organize the entire event, got permissions from landowners, and then drove every single piece yourself. Amazing. Nope, the thanks belong to you and yours for everything you did, so here it is, THANK YOU.
I am already planning to be there for next years hunt!!!!

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4444 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3dmuzzy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3dmuzzy   Email 3dmuzzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn,wish i could have made both days once again thanks to you and your family.I can,t remember having that much fun in a long time.I know it takes a lot of work to set that up,and you and your family did a great job.There was smiles all over the place.I,ll see you march 6th friend........ED [thumbsup]

--------------------
Put some air under it.

Posts: 1031 | From: ellenville ny | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
southpawshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southpawshooter   Author's Homepage   Email southpawshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is redundant, but thanks again Shawn, Mom, and Pop for a wonderful weekend and memories that will last a lifetime.

--------------------
Scott F >>---> @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Posts: 1947 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Shawn, Glad to hear that Ben came home. Last I saw him he was running a rabbit back where Meat hit that one. I figured he probelly caught it and had a nice little dinner. We ran into a little snow on the way home but still made good time. That Shrew is sweet !!! A Shrew is now on my dream bow list. I think it's on Tom's too. Speaking of Tom he won the back quiver and a knife in the drawing. He didn't even think about it and handed me the knife and said it's yours I can share. Thanks Tom.

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©