JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ya my Daughter was shooting the bow Shawn gave me today. I asked her what she thought of it she said I think it's mine !!!

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2320 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, glad ya got a shooter for the bow!! I also wanted to Thank "Mo" for coming. The only lady on the hunt and she puts up with a lot from us guys!! Mo it is always a pleasure!! I thought we would hear from Curt but he may be blind in one eye(just kidding)after going through the multi-flora rose and getting a thorn in his eye lid. It looked bad at first, but we wiped the blood away and continued on. He is my type of hunter!! I know Meat had a good time and I am pretty sure we got his bunny, because as Bob said, when we found him he was real fat and more proof, he puked up a bunch of bunny fur twice today. I also want to say after all the kind words "Your Welcome!!!" Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starting to arrive

-

David(huntrdfk) shooting his self made selfbow at the steel target...ouch!!!

-

"Jeramy" shooting steel

-

"Mark Fedrizzi" with one of his arial disc hits,good shootin mark!(sorry for the blurriness)
 -

Huntrdfk in the thick of it,that dudes tough!!

-

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also want to Thank everyone for the donated items for our raffle for St. Judes and our prize tables!! Keith Deters with a Herb Haines quiver, Larry Rynes(sp.?)for a beautiful neck knife, Joe Skipp for two dozen arrows, and my Dad for a self bow that we all signed and raffled off. Bryan(Recurver) for a nice wool fedora, A gerber knife by Mark fedrizza, a broadhead knife by Ed(3D Muzzy) and many more!! We raised $300 for St. Judes childrens fund!! We also had a prize table, if ya broke a balloon, or hit an aeriel, or a bouncing foam disk, you picked a prize. We had nutters with 2005 Tradgang Bunny Hunt on them and 2005 Southeren NY Bunny Hunt, we had nocks, knives, guttin' gloves, shafts(which I won) and leather for handles, broadheads, you name it we had it!! It made for a great two days and I am looking forward to the next one!! OOOHHHHHH YEAHHH !! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gathering up after some fast and furious shooting

-

Mo,Pop,Shawn,Ed(3DMuzzy),Jeramy(thanks again for the string bud),Larry

-

Scott(southpaw shooter) stumpin

-
Kieth Deters filling out his St Judes raffle tickets

-

Larry and Pop Leonard heading into the brush

-

More to come..........
[readit] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meathook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meathook   Author's Homepage   Email Meathook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Couple of funny things came to mind....

I came upon Pop in a super thick bottom you couldn't move in any direction let alone shoot other than between your own feet and Pop asks me, "what are you doing?" I said "I am pushing what are you doing?" he says "I am watching." I say "well have you seen anything?"

Curt mentioned David's bow reminded me when he was pushing that thick bottom and we were all on the hillside wathcing he throws his bow out of the multiflora rose, cusses and then climbs out of that mess. Those bushes can be frustrating.

Speaking of Curt's little misshap it was almost funny listening to the whole thing. David and I were up on the hill and we hear "ooh ahhh my eyelid." Ouch!! That had to hurt and I could see Bob crawling through that crap.

I hope Ben did get that bunny he pushed it by me and stayed right on it after I hit it. I think that is the same bunny he was on when we last saw him. Shoulda used something that would stick a little better. I thought I had him pinned but then he shook off the arrow.

Good stuff.

--------------------
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Posts: 4111 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fedrizzi
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fedrizzi   Email Mark Fedrizzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.........A picture tells a thousand words.................................................................thanx Curt..

Mark [thumbsup]

--------------------
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Posts: 1236 | From: Middletown, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
Contributor 2017
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a point in that rose bush where I had just had it, so first the bow went out, then I busted through.

Curt and his eyelid, talking about when it happened, "I screamed like a girl"

Meat on the same drive, shooting an arrow between the legs of a streaking bunny at ten yards.

Greg, also on the same drive, driving a nutter through a bunny with a 75 lb recurve, nocking it for a loop, then the bunny getting up and running, never to be seen again.

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4771 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Getting ready for another push.That's Larry(Lar43) to the left,he's a fine gentleman and talented too!! He donated the nicest knife I have ever seen and he made it!!

-

Larry with his trophy clump of fur that he took off a bunny.But it was one of those "bionic" ones and it got away.I heard the thump when he hit it,that bunny should have died!!!
 -

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

sleepyhollow
Contributor 2017
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyhollow   Email sleepyhollow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Curt !!!!
Posts: 2670 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Nice buddy, Thanks!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn, Check out the Griffin the guy has on the blanket. That bow is all you.

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2320 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nanook
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanook   Email Nanook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Shawn went out earlier in the week and handed out flack jackets to the critters. I was starting to feel underbowed at 54# lol.
Next year the pruning nippers are a must have!

Posts: 78 | From: Western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

-

Saturday crew:
Back row-lenny,Kieth D,HuntrDFK,greg,3DMuzzy,Pop,Southpwashooter,Mark F,Jeramy,Mo,Nanook

Front-Lar43,Guru,Shawn,Recurver,Larry

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

southpawshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southpawshooter   Author's Homepage   Email southpawshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt - outstanding pix. Thanks!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Scott F >>---> @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Posts: 1964 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©