JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!
LAR43
Contributor 2016
Member # 2173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAR43   Author's Homepage   Email LAR43   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg & I had the best time we've had in a very long time. Thanks to everyone. But most especially to Mom & Pop Leonard for their generosity in opening their home to us & to Shawn for all the behind the scenes leg work I know he had to put in to make this gathering a total success, & a joy to be at.
Nothing like this happens without one hell of a lot of effort.
Like I told Shawn, thanks doesn't seem enough for a weekend like we had. Meeting everyone was really special. As Curt said there wasn't enough time to spend just getting to know each other. There was too much huntin' & fun being had.
The money raised for St. Judes was a real special thing too. Those kids need every bit of help they can get. Just kind of shows where our hearts are.
I can't imagine a better time than we had, and no better people than were there. It's a pure pleasure to have met, & to know all of you!
Here's a couple of pics we took. Some just like the others, but then some are not! Click on a pic to enlarge.

-
Lunch time on Saturday.
 -
Lemme try that bow.
 -
St. Jude's auction drawing.
 -
Who's wearing their seatbelt?!
 -
Waitin' for MR.Rabbit(75# bow/500gr. nutter) and he got up and ran away! Not in this shot, but in a spot just over the fence & twice as thick!
 -
The winnah!
 -
The end of a great weekend!

Thanks everyone
Larry & Greg

--------------------
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Posts: 1586 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHO'S THAT GUY IN THE GOOFY RED&BLACK HAT!!!!!

Happy Hunting!!! Chuck

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5510 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know but we did almost loose him in a woodchuck hole.

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2320 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! THANKS BOB, I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!

Happy Hunting!!! Chuck

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5510 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeremy
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 4149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeremy   Email Jeremy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
larry, aw shucks! You're makin' me blush!

Meathook, I wouldn't call it snoring; it sounded more like a chainsaw... had me confused a few times when I woke up! [Confused]

I had a great time meeting and shooting with all of you! I'll try to make it to some of the area shoots this year and will definitely be back in NY for spring turkey and deer season!

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Posts: 5065 | From: East Haddam, CT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meathook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meathook   Author's Homepage   Email Meathook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy that WAS a chainsaw and if you hadn't kept waking up I would have been able to complete my evil plan.

--------------------
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Posts: 4111 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyhollow
Contributor 2017
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyhollow   Email sleepyhollow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to David,Meathook and Larry&Greg for also posting pics for the guys that coud'nt make it this year [thumbsup]
Posts: 2670 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
Contributor 2017
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I really have that many people in the back of my truck? Maybe it's good I couldn't see it from that vantage point!

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4771 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starting to shoot Sunday morning,most of the Sat. guys moving alot slower than the "fresh meat" that came in for Sunday

-

Rollin' out to start Sundays hunt,things heated up real fast in that spot!!

-

All my pics after this were way to blurry to put up.Had some good ones too [Frown]

About the video.Got the tail end of Swampbuck sitting down to shoot the steel,and missing the bale and falling flat on his back [tunglaff]

Also got when we were shooting at the balloons,Shawn dry firing his bow [scared]

Got a lot of footage of the ballon shooting.

I must be camera shy,cause I couldn't break those balloons Sunday(while the camera was running) for the life of me [knothead] .

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fedrizzi
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fedrizzi   Email Mark Fedrizzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
................TTT for Guru and his excellent footage.........

--------------------
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Posts: 1236 | From: Middletown, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbuck   Email swampbuck       Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta admit fallin off the back of that bail was darn funny [tunglaff] that must be why I blew up arrows this yr on the steel yea thats it it musta been the fall [Wink]

Speakin of Sonny I,d bet between what Bob pulled and my wife and I have been pullin he had over 100 [scared] stuck in his hide.I was so impressed with how well that borrowed collar worked when I turned it on( thats another story LOL) that I broke down and have one on the way.Sonny was very very quick to pick up on the warning tone I,d highly recommend this type of collar for working with hounds,I don,t know why I waited so long to get one.

Many thanks again to EVERYBODY for imprinting the lasting memories into my head they,ll last a lifetime!

--------------------
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Posts: 3101 | From: Byron NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sonny did awesome Tom,You've got a real good dog there.Makes me want to get a beagle.Just too much going on for everyone to appreciate his work!!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sonny did wonderful and Tom makes pretty good dog too!!. That man is man after my own heart. I asked him a couple times on the last push " Where are ya Tom?" and he says "I am unwrapping this multi flora rose fom my haed and body!!" Thanks for the great pics. guys. Cindy had brought up my camera and a bunch of fresh batteries and I let it sit. I have never been one for picture taken, but I will try to make an effort now!! The weekend was great, I am glad everyone had a great time, I am already planning next year hunt!!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also want to say that my Shrew was as popular as the bunny hunt, I may save it until next years hunt and actually get to shoot it my self, I also may take bids on it!(LOL!!) Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

I think you should give it away at next years hunt. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©