JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!! (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put it up on the bow classifieds, just to see what is out there in the way of recurves. Curt are ya huntin' Sunday? The bunnies are calling our names!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Contributor 2017
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry   Email larry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn keep a bow for a full year ?!?? [tunglaff]

larry

Posts: 3143 | From: martville ny | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
southpawshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southpawshooter   Author's Homepage   Email southpawshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That shrew hasn't even cooled off yet!!! [tunglaff]

--------------------
Scott F >>---> @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Posts: 1964 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think so bud,will know better tomorrow.Looking forward to it.

By the way,I forgot to talk about the bow that David(huntrdfk) made for Pop Leonard.David e mailed me at least a month before the hunt.With the idea that he wanted to make a selfbow for Shawns Dad.I was to be the spy and get all the info I could about him(he knew Shawn and I are close).I told him that he was left handed,that was the big thing to remember.Then I did the spy work and started to beat around the bush for the other important info.Comfortable draw wt. and length,his name,and anything else that might be important to know.

He started sending pics as the bow progressed over the next couple weeks.I asked David if it was alright if I made some arrows for the bow.Of course I waited till the last minute.Got a hold of Joe skipp and he had some pre finished shafts that were the right spine.So I put a simple crest on them,Wrote " For Jake By Curt C. and Joe S., Bunny hunt'05",put 2 more coats of sealer and fletched them up.

I was very excited about David giving him the bow.Which he did when everyone got together for lunch Saturday.Shawns Mom said to me "Curt,you know how Jake is,he will teasure that bow!" .
I'm sure he will!!

This was completely Davids idea.David,you are the man bro [Not Worthy] .I'm just glad I could be a small part of it.

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAR43
Contributor 2016
Member # 2173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAR43   Author's Homepage   Email LAR43   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn,
Go back & check the listing. I'll take the Shrew!

Larry

--------------------
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Posts: 1586 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To David and Curt, not only did it mean a lot to Dad. It meant a lot to me, I really appreciate the fact you guys thought of him, he is a tough old bird with a big heart. I went up yesterday and he was out shootin' the new bow and that is odd, as he very seldom shoots anymore. He may launch a few before hunting season starts and that it. Thanks Again!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn,I know how Dads can be LOL!!! We had a 3D shoot/Pig roast at our bow club and I invited my Dad. Last summer I had picked up a 35# Ben Pearson solid fiberglass longbow. When my Dad came down for the pig roast we went out in the backyard with that bow and some arrows,I told him to shoot 3under and kinda gunbarrel it. He did very well at about 10-15 yards and said he would like to try shooting the coarse.(I was hoping he would!!!) My Dad and I and my 2 boys went up to the club and the 4 of us had a great time. My Dad shot a 94 out of 300,not bad figuring he had NEVER shot a bow before!!!!! When we finished shooting my Dad opened his car trunk and carefully laid the bow,quiver of arrows,arm guard, and finger tab, inside and gentlely closed the trunk. I'll never forget the way Dad looked at me and said "That was fun!!! Let's Eat!!!

Dad has been shooting his bow and says that he is looking forward to more 3D shoots with me and his grandsons!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting!!! Chuck

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5509 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

OK, I sold the Shrew to Lars43 I think. If he gets back to me. I also am selling the Chek-Mate and i am ordering a Robertson and will be a two bow man!! Woodchuck isn't it great!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Huntrdfk
Contributor 2017
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn,

I enjoyed making the bow for your dad, and am glad that he likes it. It is the least I could do for what you and your family did over the weekend, and still don't feel like I did enough. Curt was a bigger help in this than he is letting on, I was worried about arrows from the beginning, he jumped to the front immediately asking if he could make some arrows for the bow, which was great. Then he had to do all the behind the scenes work to get draw length, weight and such. It was really a pleasure to do this with Curt, knowing where the bow and arrows would end up, and thanks to Joe also. ( I truly enjoyed meeting and and speaking with you Joe).
I am reserving a spot for next years hunt here and now, so be forewarned!!

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4771 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i am ordering a Robertson and will be a two bow man!!
LOL!!!

That's great that your Dad was out shooting !!!!
I'm still trying to get my father to pickup his recurve again. He came to Denton Hill last year but just walked a course with me NO BOW. I do think he may have been bitten buy the bug .

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2320 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walkingstick
Charter Member
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walkingstick   Email Walkingstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, Are we who know Shawn supposed to see the humor in that quote? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] ...............Mac~

Dave and Curt and Joe....that was awesome what you did for Shawn's dad [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] ....His parents are the greatest. [thumbsup] ..Mac~

--------------------
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Posts: 2270 | From: Westfield, PA-Potter County | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Mac, be nice!! I did sell the Firebird but kept the Shrew. I may never get another one. I did order a Robertson and will have it in 4 months!! David and Curt are the best. You havew to make it next year Mac!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Milsurp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milsurp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Vermonter, now. Jeez, wish I could have made it, this time.

--------------------
Archery Haiku:
"If hand is steady,
if the eye is keen and bright,
the arrow flies true."
 -

Posts: 243 | From: Bennington, Vermont | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Milsurp, you do not have to be a NY'er to come. We had several states represnted!! There is always next year!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Milsurp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milsurp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn:

Actually, I'm stuck working the store. It's great
being your own boss- But the boss is really tour
customers! I had a great time, last year, wish I could get in there again. Them beagles were great!

Maybe next year.
;^(

--------------------
Archery Haiku:
"If hand is steady,
if the eye is keen and bright,
the arrow flies true."
 -

Posts: 243 | From: Bennington, Vermont | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©