Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » A song from the wood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A song from the wood
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An early morning calling session landed this beautiful songdog in my shooting lane. It was over almost as quick as it got started. The hunt was picture perfect down to the sinew-backed Osage bow I was shooting "The Dream Keeper". I've been told that this is a great trophy. I totally agree.

- CK

Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see someone still hunting. Nice job Curtis.

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26181 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yth-mnstr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yth-mnstr   Email yth-mnstr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is sweet!! Were you in a blind? I'd love to hear the story.

--------------------
justin ammons

Posts: 333 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was sitting behind a pile of vines using a varmit call. This dog and another came across an open field. They musta been lying on the ridge when I started calling. Both came running! One got shot right after comming under the fence. He was hit in the neckbone directly under the chin. Dropped in his tracks. CK
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
Contributor 2014
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Curtis! I've killed one while hunting deer, but never went out looking to kill one and succeeded!

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4463 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloud nine
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloud nine   Email Cloud nine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job,was it a running or standing still shot

--------------------
Wes Barton

Posts: 346 | From: Crystal Coast N.C. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Just came under a fence. Moving but not running. CK

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©