Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » Texas Hunt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas Hunt
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some pics of the success I had on a hunt in Hondo Texas at the AOA Ranch on 10/5 - 10/9. Dad and I both took animals but since his was with a rifle, I won't show them. Regardless, we both had a great time and fellowship.

54" Morrison t/d 50#@26"

First POC arrow stained and finished by me, head compliments of Brian (Carboncaster) snuffer 100gr for the Texas Dall Ram 10-6-05

The remaining kills were with Simmons Swirl Shafts I fletched and Wensel Woodsmen heads.

Picture of my dad and I with the Texas Dall Ram
 -

Picture of dad and I and the Chocolate Fallow Deer
 -

Picture of Dad and I and Water Buck- Surprize Gift from Dad
 -

Posts: 1595 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowwally
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowwally   Author's Homepage   Email Longbowwally   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice trophies!

--------------------
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Posts: 895 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexMex
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 3788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexMex   Email TexMex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man!!! that is great hunting, way to go and Congrats to both.
Posts: 6227 | From: Cleburne, Texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, it was great to hunt with dad. We had good weather, good travel, and good fellowship with each other, and our friends at the ranch.

I just couldn't get over how everything fell into place on the fallow deer and texas dall. Just one of those times where everything went just right,and I couldn't seem to do anything wrong.

I also was anxious about making sure everything went well, since not many people have hunted with traditional equipment there, and it did!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1595 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep looks like three perfect shots, congrats [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8020 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©