Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2005 » Pennsylvania Mountain Buck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pennsylvania Mountain Buck
Bob Palmer
Contributor 2014
Member # 231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Palmer   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Palmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been hunting the ridges of Pennsylvania's Sullivan County now for 28 years. Took my first deer with a bow there when I was 12. Over the years, I've taken some small spikes and forks and a bunch of does but never a decent ridge runner.

This year was different...took the buck below while still hunting through a patch of planted spruce trees. Had him at 5 yards but he spooked and made the mistake of stopping and looking back.

Hunting with a Timberspirit One Piece made by my buddy Joe Subolefsky. Using 2018 arrows tipped with Zwickey Eskimo 4 blades.

As a Delaware flatlander, I've always loved hunting the mountains...I'm sure the Rockies would be truelly awe-inspiring!!

-

--------------------
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."
- Anonymous

Posts: 734 | From: Delawhere? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, Congrats!!! Man that's a nice one, I love the dark coloration of his horns. It looks like stained caramel. [thumbsup]
Posts: 1595 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you guys dont see in that photos is the PERFECT arrow placement from 25 yards....that Palmer fella can shoot

[bigsmyl] [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1062 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brute killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brute killer   Email Brute killer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [wavey]

--------------------
Martin
"The first deer that gets close enough and I'm goin Womack on his ass!! " Charlie Lamb

Posts: 1126 | From: Llano, Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©