Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Terry's form-clock : question? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Terry's form-clock : question?
bauke
Member # 21916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bauke   Email bauke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry

One question: Do you deside on an anchor point and then try and get to 'full' draw, or do you first determine full draw and then get the best possible anchor to go with your full draw? If I do the last, I add 2-3" to my drawlength.

Posts: 9 | From: South Africa | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neather really.....it just all 'came about' while learning to shoot.

The best way to get properly aligned is to do it on the bale....and find the place to anchor with your elbow pointing at 6 o'clock....and if you can find a second(double) anchor that's even better.

Drill it in on the bale and it will happen automaticaly in the field.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & Loop Addictions (COMING TODAY !!!!!!!)

Posts: 30561 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Cook
Contributor 2017
Member # 20751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Cook   Email J. Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man...I read all this at the wrong time! It's too cold for me to shoot much now, but now I have a serious "yearning" to go out and shoot and work on this!!!!

Gee - Thanks alot Terry!!!! [Mad]

But seriously, this is great info, that I'm really excited about trying. I've been complacent to believe that short drawing and snap shooting was accpetable, but I'm going to work on this. I'm all for another inch or two of draw stroke power!!!

Good stuff Terry, and though I know you did all this a couple of years ago, thanks for putting all that time in to do it right, with the DVD and pictorals for us!

You guys are top-notch.

--------------------
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Posts: 1174 | From: Kannapolis, NC | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leftybearfan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leftybearfan   Email leftybearfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to echo what many others have said....that clock picture really helped me out. I'm not able to get completely parallel on every shot, but at least I know what it 'should' look and feel like.

--------------------
"It's easier to do the right thing, than to explain why you didn't."

Posts: 382 | From: Tennessee by way of Illinois | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ren sarns
Contributor 2015
Member # 19896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ren sarns   Email ren sarns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great info here, now I have to break out the video camera and check my form. The clock is great! Thanks

--------------------
WSAA/TBW/NFAA

NAVY MCPO - RETIRED

Posts: 291 | From: Oak Harbor, Wa | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobCo 1965
Contributor 2014
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobCo 1965   Email BobCo 1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 2062 | From: NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric-thor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric-thor   Email eric-thor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well im stoaked . this thread is really takin off ,
so its helping me a bunch i read earlier in this thread last week about bringing the string to tip of nose and corner of mouth witch is funny cause i ALLWAYS teach this to compound shooters , i never thought it would work for trad , i used to anchor like gordon in my eye tooth but i had allot of inconsistancy with blurred vision "i wear glassses and have a sever stigmatisim. this anchor has made a huge diff. although its really been a strugggle to remember this new aanchor but when i do man do i drill the shot if i dont i miss right over the top . so ill just have to practice allot more to get that muscle memory. thanks for the help .

--------------------
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Posts: 777 | From: LAKE CHARLES LOUISIANA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wldhorse
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wldhorse   Author's Homepage   Email Wldhorse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, Your Clock Picture is truly worth a thousand words. Thanks, Pete
Posts: 441 | From: Sterling Heights Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
Contributor 2017
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wildhorse,

You should get the DVD!!!!

http://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

Posts: 337 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpencerL
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpencerL   Email SpencerL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! that picture is starting to put it into perspective.
Posts: 117 | From: Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fourarrows
Member # 23831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fourarrows   Author's Homepage   Email Fourarrows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the most helpful form lesson I've noticed so far...
Posts: 12 | From: Washington | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paka
Member # 23571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Guys ,
Am pretty new to trad. bowhunting but am really enjoying it. Was so glad to read the post of how compound shooters usually take awhile to split arrows , I was starting to worry. I finished my boardbow(thnx 4est) and have been shooting for about 3-4 weeks now am trying to figure out the arrow situation and form situation, this has really helped . You all make it look so easy .
Thanks so much everyone P.T.

--------------------
Love hunting ,no matter what style

Posts: 8 | From: Kauai, Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paka
Member # 23571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took some photo's tonight and saw my elbow on draw hand is high. Also saw my arrows come pass riser to my hand nuckles , errr . Will keep at it.

--------------------
Love hunting ,no matter what style

Posts: 8 | From: Kauai, Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
browndown
Contributor 2011
Member # 22063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for browndown   Email browndown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

Just started shooting last year,i have alot of hints from oters but this just make sence. Can't wait to use the info. Thanks

--------------------
Live like you are dying, god will pardon you thats his line of work

Posts: 170 | From: Bucks County Pa | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amazonjim
Contributor 2017
Member # 19589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amazonjim   Email amazonjim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

Great job, I am sure this will help me also

Posts: 783 | From: Caledonia, MS | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©