Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Terry's form-clock : question? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Terry's form-clock : question?
horsehairhunter
Member # 27296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horsehairhunter   Email horsehairhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry-Great stuff. When I am shooting alone, how do I confirm that your arrow and shoulders ar parellel? Obviously I can't look down on myself and check my form....
Posts: 68 | From: Western Washington | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel boon
Contributor 2014
Member # 25742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel boon   Email daniel boon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where can i get Terry's form clock? is it on the Tradgang video? thanks
Posts: 607 | From: australia | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horse....you can video yourself....there's also a lot of info in the stickied video thread....

Daniel...yes, there is a shooting segment on the Trad Gang DVD...and a lot of the form clock stuff is on this very thread....start from the beginning.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30325 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smoke1953
Contributor 2014
Member # 11344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smoke1953   Email smoke1953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you shoot from every type of angle and since I started I've tried to never settle in on only one way to shoot so as to imitate hunting conditions. Your form clock is demonstrated with a closed stance I'm assuming that is for demo purposes yet I have moved to a very open stance to imitate conditions in the field. Alignment must take a beating in these circumstances I would guess. I think my adjustment has been not only in a waist twist but also requiring rolling back that rear shoulder further than you might feel as comfortable to achieve alignment. Any thoughts?
Posts: 1205 | From: Cambridge, Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2fletch
SPONSOR
Member # 7327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fletch   Email 2fletch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, I believe that is as clear as anything I've seen on the alignment of arrow with the bowhand, shoulders, and elbow. You are the man! Thanks! [archer2] [archer2]

--------------------
Eagle's Flight Archery

Posts: 1929 | From: Mebane, NC | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sorefingers
2017 Contributor
Member # 24600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sorefingers   Email sorefingers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! thanks Terry according to your schmatics I have some work to do.

--------------------
psalm 83:18

Posts: 938 | From: Mo. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raghorns
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raghorns   Email raghorns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have shot traditional for years and never seemed to improve much. Since I have been working on form and doing my best with the form clock, my shooting has improved dramatically. If one of those evil fliers shows it's ugly head, I just go back to the basics of proper form.

Hey, did I mention I won the longbow division at the last 3D shoot? Just bragg'in on the form clock!

Thanks to all who do so much to help guys like me who love to shot and want to be the best they can be..."cause close enough never is!"

--------------------
Ps 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Posts: 490 | From: Fair Play, Missouri | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Earp
Member # 25911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Earp   Email Robin Earp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been looking at that clock for about 2 years,and i still can't figure out how to read it
Posts: 3 | From: WISCONSIN | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaddyMac
Contributor 2011
Member # 10560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaddyMac   Email PaddyMac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm coming from wheels, but I shot without sites for a long time and have never used a release. I've double anchored instinctively. And I immediately started slapping my arm, so I opened up a little and then my group widened up. Closed it up and the group tightens again. So I started bending my bow arm a little, but my bow is heavy for me and that's pretty hard. So I'm going to a much lighter bow and ... getting that DVD.

This is great stuff. I haven't had anyone talk about form since boy scout camp. More more more.

--------------------
Pat McGann

Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days." --Turkish proverb

Posts: 820 | From: Twisp, WA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjgregory
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjgregory   Email cjgregory   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I came back to this thread. lol won a shoot on tuesday but was hitting left on the range two days later and was getting exasperated. The stick figures put it all together again. When I was releasing, my bow arm was going back to the left and throwing the arrow left. lol

So I went to a blank bail and worked on my back tension some and called it a day.

Terry,

Is the back tension and lockup between the shoulder blades an indicator or tool to ensure everything is pointed at the target line?

--------------------
You get to keep what you kill. If it were easy there would be no value in it.
64" Silvertip 58# @ 31"

Posts: 116 | From: Bennett, Colorado | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamesh76
Contributor 2015
Member # 12931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamesh76   Author's Homepage   Email jamesh76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered this video. It will be good instruction for my son.

James

--------------------
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ __________ _ _ _ _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Posts: 1501 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cjgregory....yes....and to make sure you ARE using your back and not 'muscling' the bow with your arm muscles.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30325 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NormanDale33
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NormanDale33   Email NormanDale33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, this thread and your clock have been a great help with shooting. I need to get the TradGang DVD now.

--------------------
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Posts: 384 | From: Kansas | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Llamma1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 30168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llamma1   Email Llamma1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this it has helped my shooting immensely.

--------------------
Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Posts: 117 | From: Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dimondback
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dimondback   Email Dimondback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry!....your diagrams solved some issues that I was having with my form...shoulders were canted instead of parallel with the arrow.

--------------------
"Do or Do Not, There is no "Try"
Martin Savannah 45#
3PC Home Built Longbow 53# @ 28"
MAJ - SCARNG 1998 - Present

Posts: 327 | From: SC | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©