Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Terry's form-clock : question? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Terry's form-clock : question?
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear Diamond.....stay after it!!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30609 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momo
Member # 22744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momo   Email momo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the t is very inportant in form shooting and help in alot of things release follow thou achor points . it really hard to break bad habbit but if you prac on form and worry about result later thing starte to happen for you tighter groups better feel better results but remember to have fun body are diffent try to get as close as you can to the t and have fun with it. remeber follow thou is very inportant and the bow arm is always forgotting keep it up and in the same postion as when you release the arrow

--------------------
vern thompson

Posts: 32 | From: OH | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thin Man
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thin Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

I have been working with your form clock as well as Moebow's rotational draw concepts.

I anchor split with index on corner of mouth. When I get what feels to be a good shoulder-to-target alignment with my anchor firm on face (almost tugging behind me), the sensation of shooting feels a bit like I'm shooting from behind my head over my back. My draw length is also a bit shorter then what I had when my form was not as aligned.

My better shots feel this way, and I attribute the shorter draw length to the alignment and natural lay to anchor, whereas before I was perhaps pulling backwards with my elbow and shoulder away from the target, producing an artificial extension.

Is this feeling of "shooting behind the head" and shorter draw length on the right track?

Thanks for the great tutorials. (and to Moebow for his, as well!)

Posts: 3 | From: OR | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you are creating the 'J' now with your drawing arm...and yes, that's what you want to achieve to acquire back tension and energy going directly toward and away from the target.

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30609 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunter74
Member # 36061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunter74   Email Hunter74   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it clicked!!!

Now by no means am I saying I became a great shot but literally overnight my shooting got very considerably better...

All it took is to focus at the beginning of each shot to get everything in my upper body pointed straight at or straight away from the target. Then I focus on squeezing with my back muscles!

Posts: 80 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradhunterRN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradhunterRN   Email tradhunterRN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been lurking on the form forum for a bit now and reading Terry's form clock over and over. After piecing it all together this is the conclusion about cant and alignment that I have come up with and just want to know if I am on target here.

If I let my bow take a slight cant as it naturally does when pointing at the target, do I have to bend slightly at the waist to line up with the bow/string? Ensuring that I keep full expansion of course, moving nothing else but the waist.

Posts: 105 | From: Stow, OH | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cuban Missile
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cuban Missile   Email Cuban Missile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I bought the DVD on the 15th Terry do you know when it will ship?
Posts: 337 | From: Northern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Yes....if you cant the bow, you need to cant your head....or your waist to stay in alignment with the string....also make sure your string hand is canted same as string or you will but a Z Torque on the string.

Your video should have shipped last week....I'll check and see....I've been away for a week....sorry for the delay.

--------------------

Cuban Missile
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cuban Missile   Email Cuban Missile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still no DVD... any idea on when it will deliver?
Posts: 337 | From: Northern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cuban Missile
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23552

HAH... I just got it. [knothead]
shirikahn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shirikahn   Email shirikahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just learned more reading this than all my teen years bugging the local shop owner lol
Posts: 330 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrowlauncherdj
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrowlauncherdj   Email arrowlauncherdj   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me it looks like opening your stance too much could be a big problem (my problem) keeping alignment... I never did that shootn wheels. Should I try closing some to see if it helps keep me from collapsing as I tend to shoot left like 6-8" at random times?
Posts: 411 | From: Spanish Fort, AL | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Stance really has no bearing on alignment....its all from the waist up. If you are properly aligned, your form doesn't care what position your legs are in...heck, it don't even care what position your upper body is either.

--------------------

arrowlauncherdj
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrowlauncherdj   Email arrowlauncherdj   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured out part of my problem. I always anchored with my thumb up by my temple, but when I get tired, I tend to press with my thumb hard thinking I am keeping my anchor solid, when infact, I am pushing my hand away from my face.

I had to go to the bale and relearn how to anchor with my thumb down at jaw line, which felt about as unnatural as wearing my pants backwards. But since doing that, my anchor seems to be more solid without string hand torque and I can hold more steady with a cleaner release.

dave

Posts: 411 | From: Spanish Fort, AL | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigBucksnTrucks
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigBucksnTrucks   Email BigBucksnTrucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All, this is some great info here, I have a question though, I saw some one referring to 2 anchor points. I shoot 3 under and anchor my pointer finger to the corner of my mouth. What is the 2nd anchor that is referred to?
Posts: 246 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©