Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Cant Never Could (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cant Never Could
charles m
Contributor 2017
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT again for the canting questions.
Posts: 337 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven_CO
Member # 29420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven_CO   Email Steven_CO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That could very well be. I think I tend to tilt my head more and my torso less when getting tired. Thanks.

--------------------
Steve

Posts: 79 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradshooter
Contributor 2017
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradshooter   Email tradshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great and helpful thread. I have ordered the DVD and I am going to try the reverse cant. Thanks Terry for your explanation of a deep hook that makes sense. I agree the more different shooting angles of cant that we can master the more success we will see in the field. Threading the needle can be a real challenge sometimes and being able to shoot standing, sitting, kneeling or however the situation dictates, happens often when hunting. Great advice and video. Thanks for all the input from everyone.
Posts: 382 | From: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
Contributor 2017
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT for the cant thread.
Posts: 337 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30596 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Paul   Email Diamond Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do want to know: how are you keeping the arrow on the rest when you reverse cant? Have you got your finger on the shaft till you shoot? I don't cant anymore when I practice, but I think it is good to be able to do it in case you get a "cant or can't" shot in the woods.

--------------------
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Posts: 1110 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macca
Member # 35824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macca   Email Macca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread and Terry some of that shooting is amazing across the pond. Is the tradgang dvd available to outside the US ? I see two options within the lower 48 and the other couple .

--------------------
What happens in the hills; stays in the hills.

Posts: 51 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khardrunner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khardrunner   Author's Homepage   Email khardrunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roll the string as you draw to keep the arrow on the shelf.

--------------------
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Posts: 1315 | From: Stewartstown, Pa | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Paul   Email Diamond Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by khardrunner:
Roll the string as you draw to keep the arrow on the shelf.

That's it? Doesn't seem like it would stay on the shelf, but I'll take your word for it. Can't see myself ever trying such a shot, but it sure looks neat to see someone who can do it.

--------------------

Posts: 1110 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khardrunner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khardrunner   Author's Homepage   Email khardrunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Works for me. I learned it from my Schulz video.

--------------------
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Posts: 1315 | From: Stewartstown, Pa | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes....its explained in simple detail in The Bowhunters of TradGang DVD....with a little pinch on the nock with your fingers, it will stay....

I've actually taken several animals with reverse cant...a pheasant on the wing, a trotting hog, a stationary hog, and a couple of bunnys come to mind.

Macca....yeah...just order a $10 one and I'll mail ya one out.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30596 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macca
Member # 35824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macca   Email Macca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry.

Cheers Macca.

--------------------
What happens in the hills; stays in the hills.

Posts: 51 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh Perdue
Contributor 2015
Member # 22792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh Perdue   Email Josh Perdue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank for the tips, nice shooting, i will practice canting at more extreme angles after hunting season. Can see how it can be a big plus while hunting.
Posts: 762 | From: Oak Hill, WV | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skates
Contributor 2017
Member # 6770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skates   Email Skates       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for the guy asking about canting the bow.
Posts: 151 | From: Miami | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

Those vids were absolutely freaking awesome! Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of talent, but it's fun to watch people who do. I am a very mechanical shooter, good in my own way, but I am not that natural. Very nice.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©