Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Cant Never Could (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cant Never Could
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Paul   Email Diamond Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will also say that I was drawn to trad archery because of seeing people who could shoot with such a natural, flowing rythym like that. I was tired of being a machine. Unfortunately, I don't shoot very well unless I work like a machine.

--------------------
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Posts: 1110 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Paul   Email Diamond Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also seems like only longbow shooters ever look that smooth and natural; I've not seen any recurve shooters duplicate the kind of shooting, in terms of relaxed smoothness, that I see on those vids.

--------------------

Posts: 1110 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul...I shoot recurves and selfbows the same way.

I might change bows, but I don't change form or style.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & Loop Addictions (COMING TODAY !!!!!!!)

Posts: 30571 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

It just seems like longbow shooters have a bit more flair, while recurve shooters usually tend to remain a bit more orthodox, Terry. Something about the lightness and slim profile of the longbow, perhaps? I never could learn to love the longbow, but l love to watch good longbow shooters.

--------------------

mgf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgf   Email mgf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know...I think a lot of us (including me) shoot both recurves and longbows.
Posts: 347 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heat ya Paul...I do prefer longbows by far.

Light in the hand, always seem quieter, and I don't need a stringer...can't keep up with one anyway, same reason I use a glove instead of a tab [biglaugh]

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30571 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

That is the main reason I never really tried to shoot a tab, other than the fact that they hit my lip, and I never could trim one so that it didn't.

--------------------

Ravenhood
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenhood   Author's Homepage   Email Ravenhood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry , do you feel your eye to arrow relationship is the same however you Cant?
Posts: 181 | From: Larwill, IN | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Yes...but the site picture is rotated either right or left or upside down.

--------------------

nhbuck1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nhbuck1   Email nhbuck1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you have to rotate the hand terry before you hook the string canting the bow?

--------------------
aim small miss small

Posts: 1111 | From: NH | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kyle,
Take some time to watch the videos carefully. The answer to your question as well as many that you may have will be evident.

This is a great resource for a would-be hunter having to improvise a shot...happens all the time in the real world.

Posts: 2165 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Ah...yes...and I demonstrate in in The Bowhunters of TradGang DVD. Some folks claim that canting to bow is for keeping the arrow on the shelf...that is only a band aid for an improper grip on the string.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©