Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Arrow pulls away from Riser (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Arrow pulls away from Riser
Jabar
Contributor 2017
Member # 9133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jabar   Email Jabar       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I KNEW you were referring to this guy!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Thanks....that is good to hear. LOTS of opinions outside this forum of us and me from folks that have never even met me.

There's now a guy that's a moderator on another forum that's only been shooting for about 2 and a half years that's now got his own forum on another site and he's also now an expert. He made fun of my exercise regiment cause it was 'complicated'... and basically discounted what I said saying 'you don't need a regiment, just draw the bow'....but NOW he has announced his regiment, and its more complicated than mine. And, again, he's now an expert in all the realms ...this guy has done all this and never killed any big game with a trad bow.

Oh, why and I going off on this?....cause the 1st thing these types of folks to when they start a forum is start bashing TG. And, their no killin buddies like to pile on as well. And, this is their 2nd attempt, the 1st site that allowed them to have a forum shut it down due to TradGang bashing.

Your thread is much appreciated....more than you know. It helps counter all the junk we have to put up with along the way. I also would like to thank the folks that have emailed me over the years for their comments, and those that have been contributing members that send hand written notes with their checks or typed notes via paypal. They don't go unappreciated. [campfire]

He's a fake all the way around. And can't even get his bows to full draw. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 83 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also know who you are talking about. Got pissed cause you wouldn't allow a forum for his 'chest beaters' club. A club that had his criteria for joining and not one requirement had anything to do with hunting. Why? Cause he's never killed anything. And he took another bad attitude guy with him that I NEW WELL hint hint. He never kills anything either and never liked TradGang cause he got a thread pulled once.
Posts: 353 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skates
Contributor 2017
Member # 6770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skates   Email Skates       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA!!! Now he's calling everyone that shoot #55s pansies!!! What a joke this guy is. [readit] [readit] [readit]
Posts: 158 | From: Miami | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm glad I don't shoot 55#, Or I'd be a pansy, I shoot less at my draw, so I guess I'm safe. [bigsmyl]

Hey Matt,

If the deep hook doesn't work, you could also try angling your hand from the wrist in a little as you are about to draw, this will twist the arrow in towards the riser as you draw and your hand is forced to straighten out.

--------------------
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Posts: 2787 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
njloco ....Matt is the one they are talking about.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30758 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, did I insult someone, sorry I was just kidding, or am I misunderstanding this whole thing ?

--------------------

Posts: 2787 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jabar
Contributor 2017
Member # 9133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jabar   Email Jabar       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click the link below njloco. That will explain things a bit more.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=125507#000000

Posts: 83 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

O.K., now I get it, i'm getting old and things have to be explained to me more ( Duh ).

Thanks

--------------------

Arkansas Osage
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkansas Osage   Email Arkansas Osage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great info. One of the kids (12) that I mentor likes to shoot bows but he was having the same problem, the arrow swinging off the shelf to the left. And after watching his drawing hand I was able to see that he was pinching the nock between his fingers and rolling the string to the left as he tightened his grip. By spreading his one over two under fingers a little farther apart and having him get the string a little deeper (first joint groove instead of pads) the problem straightened out. Now I know I did the right thing after reading the expert advice from TG and Ric Oshay. Plus I'll know what to do as I step up in bow weight. I shoot selfbows, osage and hickory, currently at 50#.

--------------------
"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Posts: 182 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damascusdave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damascusdave   Email damascusdave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a good deep hook I am able to shoot 60 pounds two fingers under right and left handed...the deep hook is the key

--------------------
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Posts: 3554 | From: Mirror, Alberta, Canada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Training Wheels
Member # 37599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Training Wheels   Email Training Wheels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great newbie pointer, thanks a lot.
Posts: 15 | From: Canada, Alberta | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I remember when matt started that heavy bow forum and it got shut down cause they were bashing TG. Then they started up on another one. And I also heard his *friends* were ratting him out he just kept on trying to register here.

Now I hear these same *friends* claiming he's going to sue TG.

Some people really need to get a life and get over themselves.

Posts: 353 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtrema312
Contributor 2014
Member # 18854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xtrema312   Email xtrema312   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes getting a good hook is key as you start to pull, but you have to have a little relaxing of fingers to pull the arrow a little into the riser. I trained myself to actually roll my fingers in from the knuckles a little more shooting 3 under as I got on the string. As I started the very early part of my draw I then relax the hand a bit for a little more rotation on the string. You have to be careful not to cup your hand when you draw past the first inch or so.

I never had an issue that I can recall shooting split due to more finger contact holding the arrow. The change from split to 3 under started the issue for me. I also use to be able to shoot reveres cant easily split, but that is much more difficult 3 under. Most carbons snap on the sting and once on, will rotate on the string easily. For me it takes a good bit of pressure from the index finger pushing the arrow nock into the top string nock to keep it from rotating. Even then it can be hard to keep it on the shelf reverse canting.

--------------------
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 4040 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pumatrax
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pumatrax   Email pumatrax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
am I the only one that is confused here ? not confused about the arrow coming off the shelf but ???
Posts: 449 | From: westcliffe colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pumatrax
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pumatrax   Email pumatrax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok ; got it ...had to read the date on the posts from M H...GO FIGURE...
Posts: 449 | From: westcliffe colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©