Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Season is over, now the work begins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Season is over, now the work begins
LongStick64
Contributor 2015
Member # 18059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LongStick64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much luck in the woods this year but there is always next year. Now it's time to shape me up into the best I can be.
I'm going to use a lighter weight bow to assist me in identifying any bad habits I have picked up. One thing I want to work on is increasing the pause between anchor and release and develop a bit more of a dynamic release. My problem has always been a little bit of creep.

--------------------
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Posts: 2413 | From: New York - LI | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAVIOUR68
Contributor 2015
Member # 35651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAVIOUR68   Email SAVIOUR68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X2 for me, been shooting way to heavy poundage and picked up a few bad habits.
Posts: 461 | From: UNITED STATES OF TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same for me... that "little creep" keeps trying to get back into my routine!

I have a hog hunt in January but between now and then I will be working hard on my form again.

Arne's videos helped me tremendously.

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2693 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond Paul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Paul   Email Diamond Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. I'm working on learning to shoot three under and gapping, and I went down to mid thirties limbs just for that reason. Helps a lot.

--------------------
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Posts: 1110 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©