Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Form Critique - Updated (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Form Critique - Updated
RedRidge
Contributor 2018
Member # 39216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedRidge   Email RedRidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Arne. That comparison was to show exactly what you said towards the end. I can see the higher shoulder and almost rolled back toward my body, not at all to say theres not much difference. I have always live by the mantra, if your not trying to do your best and in this case have the best form possible why are you doing it. Thanks and I will continue to work on this. I ordered the trad gang dvd, so hopefully I can get more visual references from that.
Posts: 183 | From: South Alabama / East TN | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hart2hart
Contributor 2014
Member # 35479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hart2hart   Email hart2hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fort Bliss is not the end of the Earth,but you can see it from there!!
Ft. Bliss(1968)June to August..but it was a dry heat!!8>)
Thanks for your service,young man.
Some of the misalignment and comparison to Arne's might be his shooting waist high target and you're shooting a much lower target.If you would, try the shoulder low position with a parallel to ground draw and then dip from the waist/hips and see if the shoulder feels better.
Maintain the "T" position !
Mike

Posts: 291 | From: Sweetwater,Tx | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Draven
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Draven   Email Draven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RedRidge:
.. however I can't quite get the draw shoulder down and back or really just down....

Do this test:

Go in front of a wall and put your bow hand fist on it, like you are holding a bow. Push gently on the wall. You might see that your elbow is pointing left down. IF you try to rotate your elbow slightly to get it pointing left, not down left, 2 things will happen:
1. Your wrist will rotate/move on the wall and will give you a cca 45 degrees if you check the knuckles of your fist
2. Your shoulder will slightly sink.

In my opinion, is not your shoulder the problem, but your grip on the bow. Your little finger is wrapping comfortably around the grip, while normally is the one who's touching the handle the least from all the fingers if you have that cca 45 degrees knuckles angle required for a correct grip.

Posts: 154 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedRidge
Contributor 2018
Member # 39216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedRidge   Email RedRidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright gang I have been gone for roughly 10 months from the trad world and haven't been able to start shooting until early November. I am glad to be back and pulled out the Bowhunters of Trad Gang DVD and have been practicing. I am going to post some more videos and pictures for your thoughts. If you read the beginning of this thread I had trouble collapsing my front shoulder at draw, so I have really been trying to not move my shoulder at all. I am also using Terry's double anchor method and seems to be working well. I have kept my shots 15 yards and in. The last thing I noticed was a high draw elbow, so took a few days to work that out. Anyways enough babbling. Let me know what you think. All pics and videos are from a top down view and i drew the lines as a reference. Feel free to chime in on discrepancies. I would love the candid feedback.

The first four pics are with my 40# Sage with two different shirts for reference.
 -
 -
 -
 -

These two are with my 52# Blue Ridge Longbow
 -
 -

Then here are the videos where i pulled these stills from. Hope the links work.
 - - Samick Sage
 - - Samick Sage

- - Blue Ridge
 - - Blue Ridge

Posts: 183 | From: South Alabama / East TN | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moebow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moebow   Email moebow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red, Your alignments look better here, the videos didn't come through for me. Looks like your shoulders are still kind of "scrunched" up but need a face to face view to know from here.
Arne

--------------------
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Posts: 2399 | From: Grand Rapids, Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©