Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Fingers, where are they? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fingers, where are they?
no
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no   Email no   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 under

--------------------
Big Mike

Posts: 345 | From: Wingdale, NY | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richo
Member # 40354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richo   Email Richo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pavan:
I wouldn't call shooting split and Hill style dark ages, but there is a painted over arrow hole between the up stairs windows of my house, they are 7" apart. That was me shooting three under with a short recurve, I lifted the arrow off of the bow as I drew and released. I shot three under years ago when I had a 50" Browning Cobra, I decided that short bows and three under were not for me. Even then, I had to be very careful when shooting at game, so I wouldn't lift the arrow. I found it very distracting and threw off my shot timing. Some can do it without a second thought.

I was referring more to their midset than the equipment choices being dark ages. I'm more than happy to see people shoot a bow that makes them smile be that compound, longbow. recurve or otherwise. My definition of Trad is "single string" there are sub groups that fall under the trad umbrella like: Primitive
Trad Longbow
Modern (hybrid) Longbow
Recurve

And then barebow or sighted. The focus of Trad archery should be the simple joy of shooting a single string bow not the gear snobbery that seems to be the focus here in Australia.

--------------------
Honor et amore

Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradrookie93
Member # 44642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradrookie93   Email tradrookie93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Split
Posts: 49 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitmantoto
Contributor 2016
Member # 37176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitmantoto   Email hitmantoto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Split
Posts: 268 | From: France | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lowcountry
Member # 34449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lowcountry   Email Lowcountry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 Under
Posts: 11 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 under

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 29 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shoot split.

Steve Jr

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2071 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trick00
Contributor 2017
Member # 22670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trick00   Email trick00   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was 3 under, now 2 under due to ring finger injury.
Posts: 318 | From: Taylor, Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Split. It was just what I was taught as a kid, and I never tried anything else.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4691 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Beastmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Beastmaster   Email Red Beastmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm around A LOT of archers. I can't think of even one who shoots three under.

Almost all of them are hunters, maybe that's the reason for the prevalence of split.

--------------------
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy. Coach John Wooden

Posts: 1726 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Pharr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Pharr   Email Chris Pharr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 under with a fixed crawl.

--------------------
60% of the time, it works every time

Posts: 109 | From: Kansas | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knott .1
Member # 45634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knott .1   Email Knott .1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Split. I recently went back after giving 3 under a year long try. So many were shooting three under I thought there had to be an advantage to learning it. It just doesn't work as well for me.
Posts: 8 | From: East Central Alabama | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Stevens
Contributor 2017
Member # 46386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Stevens   Email Rick Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always used split. Back 40 years ago I tried the three under and became too focused on lining the arrow up with target that I forgot to focus on the target. Needless to say my accuracy and the fun of shooting dropped significantly so I changed back.
Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerry
Contributor 2017
Member # 3745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerry   Author's Homepage   Email Gerry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPLIT FINGER.
Posts: 404 | From: Medina, Oh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trond
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trond   Email Trond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Split with tab.

--------------------
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Quicks Peregrine II, with Samick Red Fox limbs, 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Posts: 350 | From: Norway | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©