Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Can't shoot downards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't shoot downards
Ari_Bonn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ari_Bonn   Email Ari_Bonn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can never seem to shoot accurately downwards. Everything is the same as when i shoot torso height I just pivot the waist to angle down when I aim its on point but arrow never lands in spot I am looking.

Only was I have gotten small game is kneeling to reduce the angle.

--------------------
Current:
Two Tracks: 70" Echo 50#

Ravenbeak: 72" English longbow 48#

Posts: 145 | From: Canada, BC | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ari_Bonn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ari_Bonn   Email Ari_Bonn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always miss higf and to the right no matter how much I cant.

--------------------
Current:
Two Tracks: 70" Echo 50#

Ravenbeak: 72" English longbow 48#

Posts: 145 | From: Canada, BC | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something must be amiss in your form...can you video please?

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30596 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowbowjoe
2017 Contributor
Member # 34976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowbowjoe   Email slowbowjoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you cant the bow with those downward shots? Different from when you shoot more level?

Maybe a little adgustment with your angle, also sight picture, are possibilities too.

Posts: 1363 | From: VT | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canting can adjust your shot. Is the cant consistent from shot to shot? For a right-handed shooter, the more you cant, the further to the right and down the arrow will strike.

I mostly gap shoot. I have to readjust my gap to the horizontal yardage (not what separates me from the target) and where I measure the gap on the target. For a deer target, I can usually land somewhere in the kill zone if the point of my arrow is on the belly. But from an elevated position, I have to imagine that same gap from my new frame of reference -- possibly somewhere in the grass.

One of the things I like about gap shooting is that it allows me to isolate variables, like shot angle, and see what happens. Line up the same gap, execute some shots, observe results and adjust accordingly. More experienced shooters can do it instinctively. I'm not there yet.

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 552 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©