Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Lip abrasion from string

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lip abrasion from string
AGranick
Member # 18559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGranick   Email AGranick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever had the string scrape up your lip? I've never had it happen before last night. I shoot split finger, and one of my anchors is middle finger to corner of my mouth.
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Author's Homepage   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes people will try to release the string by opening their fingers rather than relaxing them and letting the string push their fingers out of the way. They can’t forcefully open them fast enough, and the string hits their faces. There are other possible causes, but this is one of the most common.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 4230 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never the string. But I've had a nock slice me a few times. Mostly on the nose, though, since I shoot 3-under. I ended up filing down the index on the nocks I put on my woodies.

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 646 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moebow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moebow   Email moebow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tab or glove?? Usually NOT the string or the nock.

Arne

--------------------
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Posts: 2372 | From: Grand Rapids, Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moebow raises a valid question. I have been slapped in the lip when using a tab that is a bit too long.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4814 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this happen with shots where I bury my middle finger a little too much into the corner of my mouth, with both tab or glove.

--------------------
Bear Kodiak

Posts: 1318 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©