Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » WHO'S ON FIRST

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHO'S ON FIRST
joel0711
Member # 46568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joel0711   Email joel0711   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 yard ---2 un fletched close together 4 inches from target (COFFEE CUP ON DIRT BANK)--- 2 FLETCHED ARROWS SAME DISTANCE APPROX. BUT TO RIGHT OF TARGET SHOWING WEAK AND UNFLETCHED STIFF. i'M CONFUSED i THOUGHT FLETCHED MADE ARROW A LITTLE STIFFER.....
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO TRY????? BOW IS 45# BEAR KODIAK HU8NTER ,,I'M PULLING 27.5,,, ARROWS ARE 1816 XX75 29 INCHES 125GRAIN POINT,,, 8.25 INCHES BRACE,,1/4
NOCK (STARTED AT 1/2) GETTING GOOD FLIGHT FROM BOTH FLETCHED AND UN FLETCHED....CALCULATOR SAYS 100GRAIN FOR THIS SET UP SO I WAS EXPECTING WEAK UNFLETCHED,,NOW I'M LOST----ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED------SORRY 'BOUT THE WRITING----THIS KEYBOARD NEEDS SHOT!!!----GREG

Posts: 34 | From: tennessee | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nek4me
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nek4me   Email nek4me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't bare shaft but would think 1816 at that length and point weight is too weak for 45#. You say you are getting good flight but stability of a fletched arrow wouldn't degrade at 30yds if that were the case. In your previous thread I mentioned using 2016 at 28.5" with 145gr tip for an early 70's 45# Black Bear recurve which measured 42.5 at 26" and 47.6 at 28". Sometimes the actual weight doesn't match the marked wgt - yours could be heavier than you think. Another poster on that thread uses 1918's at 29" and 145gr tip for his 40# and 45# bows which are a tad stiffer than 2016. Others use 1916's at this weight range. Never saw a chart recommending 1816's at 29" for 45# recurve. Try a stiffer arrow until you get good visual flight over distance and then get your form down to eliminate factors other than arrow set up before trying to fine tune.
Posts: 283 | From: MA and Northeast VT | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©