JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2006 » Quick weekend pig hunt 03/25-03/26 2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quick weekend pig hunt 03/25-03/26 2006
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a chance to bug out from work early Friday .. did a little hog hunting and thought you guys might like to see what happened!

-

64#@28" Zipper Recurve...Troy Breeding single taper hickory shaft 29 inches long, Grizzly 160, 3- 5 inch parabolic fletch, total arrow weight 810 grains...15 -17 yard shot..spot and stalk. The hog ran 70 yards..lung and liver hit-not total pass through, it hung in there by the fletching...and pulled out after a few steps into the thicket.(already field dressed in the picture)

One interesting note- only ONE drop of blood, smeared on a stalk of river cane was all the blood we got- stumbled up on the pig dead..but no blood trail...just the one spot and the arrow a little further in along the pig path was it. Amazing.

This was about 1 1/2 hours south of me, near Perry GA in Macon County.

I'm the worlds worst when it comes to guessing right on hogs...but after this one was field dressed we took a " W A G " at it and figured it was around 150 maybe...I'm not sure. In that area they have legitimate 400+ pounders and they are mean looking hogs when they get that big!!!

A good meat hog ... anything I take with a bow(all I hunt with) is a "trophy" for me, though! It was a great hunt with lots of action. Saw several others - think the cold snap we had this weekend really got 'em moving around!

Isnt that just a NASTY lookin' hog??? Came ambling up the trail and stopped about 18 yards out and gave me a look like I was long overdue paying back a loan- then turned broadside for a better look- but the grizzly 160 was just too much to handle!

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8808 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! [thumbsup]
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe D
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe D   Email Joe D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Posts: 1043 | From: Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

interesting signature. Do you play the harp?

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8808 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
[bigsmyl] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30582 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe D
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe D   Email Joe D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Ray, Im not the musical type...it's latin for "The Forest Calls" [Smile]

--------------------
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Posts: 1043 | From: Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

cool...thats also the name of a harp maker I believe...

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©