JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2006 » Speed Goat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Speed Goat
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well after probably twenty blown stalks and a couple missed shots I finally connected this afternoon, Sept 10. Pretty boring story though.

I worked a herd of goats all morning and watched this little guy get thumped royaly but the herd buck. After finally spooking the main bunch off I went to get some chores done. On the way to pump water for a bunch of cattle we brought in because of the fires in the area I spotted him again bedded across the river in some tall grass and below a little bank. Circled back around across our bridge and got above him. Crawled thru the tall grass and slipped a lucky arrow in from 25yards out. Took out his liver and he only went forty yards, my second shot spined him and that was pretty much it.
 -
Widow Longbow, Arrow Dynamics carbon and WW broadhead. One disturbing thing was that on the spine shot the Woodsman went practically thru the spine but the broadhead adaptor broke off at the back of the head. This is my first experience with screw-in points but I think this cowboy is gonna be changing to steel adaptors for sure.

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexMex
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 3788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexMex   Email TexMex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!! Way to go [thumbsup]
Posts: 6227 | From: Cleburne, Texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice goat Doug!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11911 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjones
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjones   Email cjones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Doug! [thumbsup] Glad to see you out hunting.

--------------------
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 4259 | From: West Union, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pic and thats something, getting the stalk on a 'lope, and pulling off the shot! I am w-a-a-ay envious!

Congrats!

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4365 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and great pic bud!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good for you, Doug! I like goat hunting.

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8808 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
702plmo
Contributor 2007
Member # 9321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 702plmo   Email 702plmo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and I like the Pic.

--------------------
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1237 | From: Edinburgh Indiana (South Central) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really want to get one of those!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CONGRATS. [thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©