JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2006 » A few days with Ray (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: A few days with Ray
Bowhunter4life
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowhunter4life   Email Bowhunter4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Fellas! Would love to chase the piggies too someday also!

Beautiful pictures of some awesome skill, both yours and Mother Nature's, and very well written stories to boot!

Love this place!

-Jeff

--------------------
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5233 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexMex
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 3788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexMex   Email TexMex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome indeed!
Posts: 6227 | From: Cleburne, Texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Pearson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Pearson   Email CJ Pearson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woody, I had lunch with Ray today and he showed me two of the knives that you made. Absolutley remarkable!!
Posts: 1063 | From: Below the Blue Ridge Mountains. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eagle24
Contributor Member 2007
Member # 9479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eagle24   Email eagle24   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great photos! Awesome knives and heads! Truly good stuff, Thanks.
Posts: 796 | From: North Alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good stuff guys! Nice porkers! CK
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing guys.....looking forward to meeting you in October MR. Knife River Sir.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30612 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knife river
Contributor 2010
Member # 7334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knife river   Author's Homepage   Email knife river   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait either, Terry! You, Bob, and Charlie Lamb at Paradise??? It's got to be good with a crew like that!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1696 | From: St Simons Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tique
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tique   Email Tique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome; thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear the stories about Paradise; I'll be there with Terry later this year.

--------------------
Untested ideas are not facts.

Posts: 757 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ5
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ5   Email CJ5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome is definitely the word. Great storytelling, photography,and everything! I've been interested in learning to knap and it was nice to see those heads in action. Thanks Woody and Ray, I really enjoyed it.
Posts: 528 | From: Waynesville, N.C. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philil
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philil   Email philil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool story! Thanks for sharing; the performance of these glass heads sounds impressive [Smile]
Nice pictures too!

--------------------
Bowfishing is a teamsport!

One shooting, the others saying: "Over the top"!

Posts: 335 | From: Germany / New Zealand | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys tell and awesome tale!! Good shootin' guys,another great hunt at Ray's place!!

Hope to shake the hand of both of you some day on one of my trips south [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperKodiak38
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperKodiak38   Email SuperKodiak38   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you guys are right on about 'ol Woodrow.

I got an invite to his home and walked away with a bucket of rocks, tools and a days worth of teaching not to mention a new friend. He's a good guy and a true talent, as well as a patient teacher.

He gave me a knife blade he had finished but he didn't like the way it had come out. [saywhat]

Now I am not a knapper, more so a snapper, of rocks and a long way from having any talent or a "good eye" but I pull it out at least once a week just to marvel at it this "undesireable" blade will have a prominent place in my new den.

Thanks for the great read.

--------------------
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Posts: 1641 | From: Calvert County Maryland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
southernarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southernarcher   Email southernarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man that's an awsome hunt,and sweet pics!Those are some really nice points.

Not really meaning to get off topic,but is that what they call Briar Creek or Allendale agate you guys found down there?

--------------------
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

Posts: 533 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knife river
Contributor 2010
Member # 7334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knife river   Author's Homepage   Email knife river   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
southernarcher, that's the material exactly. Nice rock -- it's colorful and has a sharp, strong edge if it hasn't been overcooked. I saw more of the chert than the agate, but there were flakes of both around.

SuperK, we need to get together again soon. I'd sure like to try that new bow of yours!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1696 | From: St Simons Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaterHill Archer
Contributor 2017
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TaterHill Archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woody,
That's some great stuff. I may need to get some of those points and knives in Alaska.

--------------------
Jeff

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1188 | From: Arkansas - living in Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©