JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Your best photo of game taken with trad gear (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Your best photo of game taken with trad gear
COOCH
Contributor 2010
Member # 12501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for COOCH   Email COOCH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I left this bull over night. when we found him in the morning he had rigor mortis so bad that we did the best photo shoot we could manage.Photos were taken from ground level on a small tripod.
 -

Had to wedge his head upright with a log.
 -

I've always been torn stay to the side of the horns or directly behind.You decide.
 -
 -

--------------------
Jeff Couture

Posts: 833 | From: Suffield Connecticut | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jabar
Contributor 2017
Member # 9133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jabar   Email Jabar       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmm

I thought it was "Your BEST Photo" , not a showcase of everything you ever killed and multiple angles of the same animal.

Posts: 83 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

First trad kill 2011

Posts: 1204 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt4Food
Member # 35679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt4Food   Email Hunt4Food   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took this of my best friend admiring his great buck.
 -

Posts: 21 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tree Killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tree Killer   Email Tree Killer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Posts: 1431 | From: Sandy, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traddict
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Traddict   Email Traddict   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures! Here's a couple of mine.

-

-

Posts: 179 | From: Brock, Tx | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first trad kill two years ago. [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great photos guys! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tree Killer what a great Blacktail!!!!

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mac910
Contributor 2014
Member # 40004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mac910   Email Mac910   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An old one from 2001, but my best photo by far...

-

Posts: 25 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharp Shooter
Contributor 2014
Member # 14996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharp Shooter   Author's Homepage   Email Sharp Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the first deer taken with one of my Drop Tine bows.
 -
And my sons squirrel.
 -

Posts: 546 | From: Dahlonega, GA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock 'N Bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock 'N Bow   Email Rock 'N Bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the only photo I have. Its not the best, but I'm still proud of it. This buck was taken 2 weeks ago.  -

--------------------
Wapiti Spike Longbow 64" 58#@29"
J.K. Traditions Kanati 58" 58#@29"
Kim Sha Traditions 64" 49#@28"
Belcher Union Jack 66" 52#@27"
Whippenstick Classic 66" 53#@28"

Posts: 463 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jabar, I believe you thought wrong sir. Below is the original post by the man that started it and I do not read anything about "Your Best Shot." Looks to me like he was asking for whatever someone was willing to take the time to post.

Thanks to everyone for posting your pictures. Especially you COOCH. That's some great pictures in different settings and they came out great. I just started and the tone of the pictures is what I am trying to get right. A lot of mine have come out too white.

quote:
Originally posted by yukon chuck:
I thought it might be cool if folks posted photographs of themselves with game taken, or perhaps just the game alone and maybe your bow laying with it...whatever.. In an effort to do a better job myself of taking these photographs, I thought it might be cool to see the different angles and set ups that you've all done. Might be a great way to help us all become better at taking these shots. If you can remember any of the details, such as the size lens used, flash or no flash, etc..., please include that as well.
Thanks,
Chuck

--------------------
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Posts: 1110 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeff w
Contributor 2015
Member # 569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff w   Email jeff w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
+1 John146

I love looking at the photos of others whether there is a kill in them or not. Keep them coming!

Posts: 648 | From: east ky | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RD808   Email RD808   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yukon chuck:
I thought it might be cool if folks posted photographs of themselves with game taken, or perhaps just the game alone and maybe your bow laying with it...whatever.. In an effort to do a better job myself of taking these photographs, I thought it might be cool to see the different angles and set ups that you've all done. Might be a great way to help us all become better at taking these shots. If you can remember any of the details, such as the size lens used, flash or no flash, etc..., please include that as well.
Thanks,
Chuck

Here is my bow...no kill yet with it but here is the setup im using to take my photos.

-

Sony DSLR
ISO 100
26mm
F 7.1
1/160
AEL on mountain

18-75mm 3.5-5.6 Lens
ND filter
Sigma flash bounced to the left side.

Focused it a little wrong as the bow is slightly blurry...but all in all, I liked the look of it.

Enjoy!

--------------------
I need a bomb proof bow....

Posts: 103 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©