Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » What Point and Shoot for around $300 or less

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Point and Shoot for around $300 or less
BigStriper
Contributor 2014
Member # 16927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigStriper   Email BigStriper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a Nice Point and Shoot Camera for the Wife for Christmas,Sony-Canon-Nikon ?---Mega Pixels-Optical Zoom- ?,I am looking for your opinions,our Old Sony has done fine but we are looking for a Faster and New Camera,alot of Zoom for in the Woods would be Nice,any help would be appreciated,

Kurt

Posts: 689 | From: Edwardsville,IL.62025 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winterhawk1960
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winterhawk1960   Email Winterhawk1960   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt,

This is as nice of a "point and shoot" camera as your gonna find for the price. Just do both your wife and yourself a favor and get an extra battery pack. You will thank me later. The price listed isn't correct.......its actually only $229 for the camera and included accessories. You'll have to order the extra battery from them for around $20.

http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=PSDMCZS10K&id=PSDMCZS10K&&kbid=*#

Winterhawk1960

P.S.....14.1 mega pixels and 16x optical zoom

--------------------
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Posts: 1913 | From: Parkersburg, West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
x2 on the Panasonic. Great little camera with a lot of zoom for a point and shoot.

--------------------
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3351 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticbow
Contributor 2013
Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticbow   Author's Homepage   Email sticbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
x3 i have the older 5 just am awsome camera an takes GREAT hd video
Posts: 758 | From: winfield missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigStriper
Contributor 2014
Member # 16927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigStriper   Email BigStriper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to Thank you Guys for turning me on to the Panasonic,I couldn't find one in my area and didn,t want to order one so I got the wife a Nikon S9100 for Christmas and she hated it, so we took it back,we looked at some more Camera's and Finally decided on the Panasonic DMC ZS8 on sale for $169 and she Loves it,I should have known you Guys wouldn't send me down the wrong road,Thanks again,

Winterhawk I still Love your old Hummingbird,

Kurt

Posts: 689 | From: Edwardsville,IL.62025 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winterhawk1960
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winterhawk1960   Email Winterhawk1960   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt,

For the money......those Panasonics are hard to beat. Now don't forget the "extra battery". You'll thank me later. [saywhat]

Winterhawk1960

P.S......That Hummingbird sure does shoot where you look.....huh ??

--------------------
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Posts: 1913 | From: Parkersburg, West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigStriper
Contributor 2014
Member # 16927

Winterhawk I like the way the Hummingbird shoots so much that I had Ben make me a New one almost like it just in case something was to happen to it I would have a Back Up,this one is a 64" Kingfisher with Cocobolo Riser and Curly Maple on the Limbs and they shoot the Same,Very Nice,and I will be getting another Battery for the Camera just haven't done it yet,Thanks for the Great Bow and the Good advice on the Camera,

Kurt

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©