JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Photo editing software?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Photo editing software?
stringstretcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stringstretcher   Author's Homepage   Email stringstretcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if any photo/video editing software do you use and what is considered the best and easiest to use?

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 2728 | From: virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sc_lowcountryhunter_88
Member # 36528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sc_lowcountryhunter_88   Email sc_lowcountryhunter_88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are using a PC, I would look into a program called GIMP. It is a free open source photo editing software that is apparently really good. There is a little bit of a learning curve from what I hear, but youtube can surely answer any questions about it! Adobe Lightroom is also a fantastic photo editing program and it is quite intuitive and relatively inexpensive (in photo/video software terms).

I personally use Photoshop (for photos) when I am working on a big project, but otherwise I find that either Lightroom or Apple's Aperture 3 work fine. For video, I use Final Cut Pro X. I think it is a great program and relatively inexpensive for video editing software. I hope this helps!

Posts: 1 | From: SC | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schafer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schafer   Email Schafer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no experience with editing photos but I have Sony Vegas Studio 11 HD Platinum. It has pretty much everything I would ever want to do to a video. As far as the learning curve goes I'm going to agree with sc_lowcountryhunter_88 that there is going to be a learning curve, but normally you can figure it out by searing it on youtube.

Schafer

--------------------
“There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” - Fred Bear

53@29 Randy Morin Banshee
66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 349 | From: Essex Jct. Vermont | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locksley94
Member # 36924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locksley94   Email locksley94   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a photographer and use photoshop cs6. Best on the market but you pay for that.

--------------------
English Longbow 50# @ 26"

Posts: 19 | From: Davison, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampthing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampthing   Email swampthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here, I prefer Apple Aperture 3.
Posts: 1044 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilentArcher
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilentArcher   Email SilentArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After playing with various PC video editing software for 20 years I finally bit the bullet and purchased an Apple MacBook Pro laptop and Final Cut Pro-X software. The difference is quite dramatic between home video and a studio quality piece of footage. The ability to sync multi-camera shots and interlace them simultaneously while slowing down the release of an archers arrow and watching the flight of the shaft as it disappears on a complete pass through is pretty neat.
Posts: 14 | From: Oklahoma City | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©