Please note that Trad Gang forum registrations have been suspended between
Sunday, March 18th, and Monday, March 26th,
during our conversion/migration move to a new server and new forum software.
We apologize for this inconvenience - please do come back, y'all!

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Photo editing software?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Photo editing software?
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stringstretcher   Author's Homepage   Email stringstretcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if any photo/video editing software do you use and what is considered the best and easiest to use?

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 2728 | From: virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 36528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sc_lowcountryhunter_88   Email sc_lowcountryhunter_88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are using a PC, I would look into a program called GIMP. It is a free open source photo editing software that is apparently really good. There is a little bit of a learning curve from what I hear, but youtube can surely answer any questions about it! Adobe Lightroom is also a fantastic photo editing program and it is quite intuitive and relatively inexpensive (in photo/video software terms).

I personally use Photoshop (for photos) when I am working on a big project, but otherwise I find that either Lightroom or Apple's Aperture 3 work fine. For video, I use Final Cut Pro X. I think it is a great program and relatively inexpensive for video editing software. I hope this helps!

Posts: 1 | From: SC | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schafer   Email Schafer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no experience with editing photos but I have Sony Vegas Studio 11 HD Platinum. It has pretty much everything I would ever want to do to a video. As far as the learning curve goes I'm going to agree with sc_lowcountryhunter_88 that there is going to be a learning curve, but normally you can figure it out by searing it on youtube.

“There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” - Fred Bear

53@29 Randy Morin Banshee
66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 349 | From: Essex Jct. Vermont | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 36924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locksley94   Email locksley94   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a photographer and use photoshop cs6. Best on the market but you pay for that.

English Longbow 50# @ 26"

Posts: 19 | From: Davison, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampthing   Email swampthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here, I prefer Apple Aperture 3.
Posts: 1044 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilentArcher   Email SilentArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After playing with various PC video editing software for 20 years I finally bit the bullet and purchased an Apple MacBook Pro laptop and Final Cut Pro-X software. The difference is quite dramatic between home video and a studio quality piece of footage. The ability to sync multi-camera shots and interlace them simultaneously while slowing down the release of an archers arrow and watching the flight of the shaft as it disappears on a complete pass through is pretty neat.
Posts: 14 | From: Oklahoma City | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad ©