JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » What do you recommend????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you recommend????
JMSmithy
Contributor 2015
Member # 34748

Icon 5 posted      Profile for JMSmithy   Email JMSmithy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a decent camera, not too expensive (under $3-400 if possible) that I can use in a stand/blind with a GOOD zoom that is silent or close to silent....

I want to take pix of animals, regardless of whether or not I'm drawing down on them as well as any other neat thing that "pops up" while in the bush. Plus often times my son/sons come with me....

Btw, digital please, don't want be bothered with film [knothead]

Thoughts???

Posts: 212 | From: NJ & Adirondacks | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampthing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampthing   Email swampthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nikon d3100 w/55-200vr lens.
Posts: 1044 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tso115
Member # 36791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tso115   Email tso115   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is the go pro camera any good? i've seen them used in non hunting situations.
Posts: 42 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMSmithy
Contributor 2015
Member # 34748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMSmithy   Email JMSmithy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that Nikon do video too?
Posts: 212 | From: NJ & Adirondacks | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampthing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampthing   Email swampthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it does, up to 1080 HD if you need.
Posts: 1044 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hotbrand
Contributor 2016
Member # 8107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hotbrand   Email hotbrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for all you camera/optic experts. I was thinking about a combination binocular/camera for getting good zoom up pics, would I be better served with a good camera with zoom like the Nikon d3100 w/55-200vr lens? Is this camera suitable for someone not very electronically adept?
Posts: 76 | From: Keezletown, Va 22832 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampthing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18442

It depends on he lighting, in the shade, during dusk, or any low light condition the large sensor of a DSLR can't be beat.
hotbrand
Contributor 2016
Member # 8107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hotbrand   Email hotbrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the Nikon you mentioned has good low light capability? What does DSLR stand for Dummies single lens reflex? That would work for me.
Posts: 76 | From: Keezletown, Va 22832 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mqqse
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mqqse   Email mqqse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The price on a Canon 40D has come waaaay down and can be had at that price. A friend of mine uses one and many of his photographs are published in the Conservationist. With that said, regardless what body you use, the money is spent in the glass.
Posts: 1316 | From: Washington, Missouri | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©