JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Camera ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Camera ?
SELFBOW19953
Contributor 2016
Member # 297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SELFBOW19953   Email SELFBOW19953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What type of camera goes hunting with you? As my arms become shorter, I have a hard time using the kind of camera where you look at the screen on the back. Without reading glasses, everything is out of focus. Putting on/taking off glasses with deer nearby is too much movement. SLR type cameras are too bulky to carry.

--------------------
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow." Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Posts: 2505 | From: DELAWARE | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much do you have to spend. Canon's G12 (or if you can find a G11) has a regular viewfinder along with the LCD screen. They are pricey, but full featured and high quality. I carry a G11 hunting. Their drawback is that they don't have a long telephoto, only a 5x zoom.

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4052 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nikon S9100. Not too big but VERY capable and great battery life. 18X zoom is plenty for most shots. I highly recommend it.

I like this as much as I liked my Nikon FE and F2AS Photomic - but for different reasons. The video capabilities are incredible!

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/nikon-coolpix-s9100-black/4505-6501_7-34505807.html

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nikon_coolpix_s9100_review/

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4018 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©