JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » how to post pics (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: how to post pics
vernon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vernon   Email vernon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this has been on here before and I've done a search with over 300 results but havent been able to locate the past post. What is the easiest way to get this done for a ignorant techno person?

thanks

Posts: 259 | From: Buffalo, Wyoming | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The easiest way is to email them to someone else to post for you [Wink] !

I have better luck using imgur.com than photobucket.

If I can do it, anyone can ;P!!

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexander Traditional
Contributor 2017
Member # 35858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexander Traditional   Email Alexander Traditional   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that Trad Gang accepts auto resize it's easy. I have a photo bucket account and you just upload pictures from your computers photo library to your photo bucket account. You click on the photo you want and some codes come up click on IMG and it will say copied and then go to add reply and hit edit and paste it. I know if I can figure it out anyone can. [biglaugh]
Posts: 2316 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Hap
Contributor 2015
Member # 2892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hot Hap   Email Hot Hap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just think anyone can!
Posts: 3869 | From: Chebanse ILLinois | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moots
Contributor 2014
Member # 35587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moots   Email Moots   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photobucket is the problem. Especially with recent changes.

Posting pictures was never easy for me either until I created an account on "Imgur." Totally free. No nonsense.

Click on "albums." Create a new album. Leave the setting on public so you can share pictures.

Click on the little green down arrow to the right of auto resize. Click on 600 X 480.

Next you can drag pictures into your album or just hit computer and go to you picture file and individually select pictures.

Open a new page on your computer and open up Tradgang. Click on New Topic at the bottom. Then go back to Imgur and click on the individual picture in your album that you want to copy to Tradgang. Above the picture you will see "BB Code message board and forums." Copy the code below that to your new topic on Tradgang. When you save your new topic on Tradgang, the picture will be there correctly sized.

If this sounds difficult, its only because I have done a poor job of explaining it. I'm an idiot on computers, and I figured this out on Imgur on my own. But photoshop is totally confusing to me.

Good luck!

Posts: 1549 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezy
Contributor 2016
Member # 18743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weezy   Email weezy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out (imagelinky).
Someone suggested it on the photography forum. It's as easy as it gets.
Good luck,
Bob

--------------------
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus years.
It's priceless!

Posts: 398 | From: steeleville illinois | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Converml
Contributor 2015
Member # 34186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Converml   Email Converml   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try imgur they have a free app too if you have a smart phone

--------------------
Howard Hill Cheetah

Posts: 850 | From: New York St. Lawrence County | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vernon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vernon   Email vernon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys will give it a try someday!!
Posts: 259 | From: Buffalo, Wyoming | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm off to test the above "theories"...

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2182 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe it!
It worked, this time at least.
I tried Imgur, it was mostly like Moots said. I had to fight a bit, but I got it. As above, this time.
When you get to the BB code part, right click on the code, then copy and paste to the place(on TG) you want. The code only appears on the place(on TG), but when you click add reply(on TG) the pics appear.
I'm in the Bow Classifieds with a Zipper SXT and in Knives with a Schrade/Loveless for sale.
I hope this is the start of my pic posting career...

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2182 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Just a test here, trying out imgur.com

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2291 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more to be sure.
 -

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2291 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bsv
Contributor 2017
Member # 25357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsv   Author's Homepage   Email bsv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My turn to try this,Burt  -

--------------------
Black Widow saII 60in 57
Dave Johnson 66in 50@28
Tim Meigs 68in 63#@28
fox traditional 52@28
BBI self made

Posts: 782 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bsv
Contributor 2017
Member # 25357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsv   Author's Homepage   Email bsv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome I did it,Thanks alot

--------------------
Black Widow saII 60in 57
Dave Johnson 66in 50@28
Tim Meigs 68in 63#@28
fox traditional 52@28
BBI self made

Posts: 782 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slickhead
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 30291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slickhead   Author's Homepage   Email Slickhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Slickhead

Posts: 893 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©