Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Why is Tradgang the hardest site to post photos on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why is Tradgang the hardest site to post photos on?
Haydenj7
Contributor 2016
Member # 44430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haydenj7   Email Haydenj7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely the site can be upgraded to work like others?

--------------------
Chillin Downunder

Posts: 39 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haydenj7
Contributor 2016
Member # 44430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haydenj7   Email Haydenj7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please

--------------------
Chillin Downunder

Posts: 39 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haydenj7
Contributor 2016
Member # 44430

Please

--------------------
Chillin Downunder

Bob Moran
Contributor 2016
Member # 23328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Moran   Email Bob Moran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you, brother!

--------------------
May your friends be as many as the promises you keep.

Posts: 124 | From: Berry, Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradhunterRN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradhunterRN   Email tradhunterRN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Haydenj7:
Surely the site can be upgraded to work like others?

[thumbsup]

I agree. There ought to be a web developer somewhere in our ranks that could help do the work too!

Posts: 105 | From: Stow, OH | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
unfortunately, even attempting to "upgrade" our forum software is nothing short of akin to solo rowing across the atlantic ocean. i've been down this road three times so far, and we're just too large, too volatile and too robust to convert our flat file forum software to "modern" mysql based forum software.

actually, our software works as fast if not faster than the mysql-php stuff found everywhere.

NOW, with that said, what EXACTLY are all yer questions about posting images on trad gang? as with ANY other forum, just use a free online archive service. what's the problem? easy peasy!

however, IF you meant why can't you upload an image direct from your computer to our computer, we simply won't allow that for the same reasons why we don't allow member uploads of avatars - that makes us an archive service for images, which can be used for nefarious reasons, and that's something we're just not gonna do (even though we can).

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9897 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archie
Contributor 2016
Member # 13795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie   Email Archie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I don't think it's very hard. Upload to photo bucket, copy image link, paste on TG.

I'm no computer guru either.

Sure, it'd be nice to upload directly to into TG. But the current method is not very hard in my opinion.

--------------------
"The problem with quotes and other information obtained on the internet is that it is difficult to determine whether that information is genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

66" Black Widow PLX 48# @ 31"
64" Black Widow PMA3 49#, 56#, & 68# @ 31"

Posts: 1812 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ruckus
Contributor 2016
Member # 16925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ruckus   Email ruckus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
same here no problem
Posts: 12 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achigan
Contributor 2016
Member # 39387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achigan   Email achigan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, thanks for the explanation. I'm in agreement with Archie and Ruckus.

--------------------
PBS Associate
"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. Indeed my heritage is beautiful to me."

Posts: 598 | From: Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
"Help do the work".....this aint a guy needing help dragging a 300# hog 600 yards out of the wilderness. Geezzzz some folks are so helpless. Make sure you look a gift horse in the mouth why don't ya!!!!!!!!

Folks have been here for YEARS and wont take the time to LEARN how to post pics....if we upgraded...probably no different...folks would gripe about the change.

We can't win no matter what we do...please the masses is never going to work. Get a kid to help you if you can't figure it out...it aint THAT hard.

Sorry if it offends you....but some things you need to learn to do for yourself....or, you could have Obama do it for you....don't come complaining to us over a FREE service we provide.

Again, sorry if that offended you....or if you decide to leave....I would not come into your house if you invited me to dinner for free and tell you to re arrange your furniture.

What ever happened to manners and taking initiative to learn for yourself????

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29599 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©