JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MARYLAND - Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland » Noble Longbow FOUND!! :) :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noble Longbow FOUND!! :) :)
Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago I did an interview that ran in PBS in mid 90s on Greg Noble Spickler and his NOBLE Longbows. I ended up buying one and loved it. I was having a serious problem with target panic creeping up at time and could not shoot worth a darn for a bit and sold it...blaming the bow rather than myself.

If it is around still I would like to attempt to buy it back if it is for sale or may be in near future....it has red elm flat grain limbs under clear glass...if I remember it has shedua and bocote riser and myrtle tips which are hand carved...he also puts leather wrap on grip sewn and finished with grouse feather. The bow was 57# at 28" I think and had SHORTHAIR inscribed on it.

Thanks for any help locating...that is what I get for selling bows...i have since vowed to never sell any gun or bow I buy with intent of long time ownership. I was able to find my Jeffery Royal Hunter a few years after selling it...but still looking for the Noble Longbow. Thanks again

keep em sharp,

ron herman

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1777 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FubarFred
Contributor 2009
Member # 11254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FubarFred   Email FubarFred   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ron, my brothers son-in-law is a Noble, but I don't think he is a bow, muchless one you've owned.....wheres a good place to eat there? Shirley, Vinny, and I are going to Charleston to see an art gallery. A friend gave us some pictures painted by a woman named Bolton. We want to see what else shes done. Sometime this week, anyway as we are here in Leesville.
Fred......

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Posts: 328 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn just saw this Fred....my email is rchermanjr at hotmail dot com

depends on what you want to eat...seafood, bbq, steak, country food. my buddy owns a bbq joint that has been in his family 3 generations...sounds like I missed you though.

when you heading back to Maryland...if you got room and dont mind I might have something I would like to ask for you to carry up with you for someone in PA...but I just need to get it up to that area...they will come to you for pickup.

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1777 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

Fred...yeah I sold that Noble Longbow when I lived in Maryland but cant remember who I sold it to....so hoping that one day it shows up again.

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron, Mine is just collecting dust and needs to be in the woods... [archer] Still looks new $220.00 T.Y.D....Keefer's <")))><
Posts: 4121 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snakeeater
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakeeater   Email Snakeeater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if Noble Spickler is still around?

--------------------
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Posts: 1607 | From: Annapolis, Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

I heard someone saw him not long ago and said Greg was doing well... He lived over near sharpsburg if I remember right...

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

I am going to send him a note...interested in how he is doing and if he has any bows laying around collecting dust. LOL

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

well I got hold of Greg Spickler and low and behold he had an almost identical bow to my original sitting in his basement....that he built for a guy that never paid for it or contacted him about the bow. Only real difference is the limbs are black walnut instead of red elm...and weight is 2 lbs difference...otherwise...nearly identical. [Smile]

he got hurt at work and is no longer able to forge knives...but is thinking of making bows again as he is being asked all the time. Give him a call and chat a spell and maybe he will get active in the bows again.

Thanks again and hope all are doing well in storms and such that have come through recently.

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©