Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » Racine Instinctive Bowmen shoot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Racine Instinctive Bowmen shoot
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGK   Email RGK       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

WBH forum member (and member of RIB) contacted me and asked if somebody from WBH could attend their 56th anniversary shoot. I was more than happy to be there. WBH director Greg Prince was also in attendance for the entire day’s event and Director Guy Schultz will attend on Sunday. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by the smell of roasting pig for the nights feast.

-

After setting up our table, I followed Pat to one of their many novelty shoots which was a life sized African Elephant set at 99 yards.

-

Here is a closer view of the homemade target.

-

Here is a video of Pat attempting a shot. Pat is one heck of a good instinctive shooter. Remember, this is 99 yards down range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3UP7pcv2EI

-

Not satisfied, Pat did it two more times, back to back.

-

--------------------
Member: WI Bowhunters Association
Member: WI Traditional Archers
Member: American Broadhead Collectors Club
Member: Sherwood Forest Bowmen

Posts: 887 | From: SE WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGK   Email RGK       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the other novelty shoots were the moving deer from an elevated platform

-

-

Here is a video of some of the moving target shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_BFMkX6Wc

This was a 3 station novelty shoot to earn chances at prizes. There was a duck shoot, life saver shoot and a William Tell (Apple) shoot.

-

-

There was an area for kids or adults who had not tried archery to give it a try.

-

You could buy RIB gear.

-

It was a busy place.

-

Aside from the pig, they were also doing a corn roast.

-

--------------------

Posts: 887 | From: SE WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

At about 5:30 it was time to feast.

-

-

-

-

-

While everybody eating, the band was setting up for the nights entertainment.

-

It was a great event and everybody had a great time. Thank you to RIB for putting on such a great event for everybody and for inviting WBH directors to set up a booth.

On Sunday WBH Director Guy Schultz will be on hand to man the WBH table.

Put the RIB anniversary shoot on your calendar for next year. You wont be disappointed.

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©