JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » 2015 WTA game pole (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2015 WTA game pole
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since no one else has started a game pole here I guess I may as well do it.

I was very fortunate to get a crack at a turkey this past weekend. It was quite windy but the turkeys were gobbling steady which is unheard of where I hunt. After the hit the turkey had trouble running so he took to the air and landed on the other end of the field 300 yds distant and went into the marsh. Five minutes later his buddy went in the marsh after him. I found them both a hour later with the buddy on top doing unspeakable acts to his dead buddy.

-

If anyone has any pics to ad from this year get them up here.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1170 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Greg, nice job.

--------------------
Pete

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1315 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jiane
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jiane   Email jiane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bird.

Maybe it was that pink fletching that caused a reaction in his buddy!

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers - Board Member
Ojibwa Bowhunters of Milwaukee
PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Bowhunters

Posts: 306 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leland   Email Leland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice.

Leland

Posts: 819 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took this 6x6 on the 3rd day of the New Mexico second archery season.
 -

--------------------
Pete

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1315 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a nice bull Pete. Congratulations. You have been having way too much fun.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Sherwood Forest

Posts: 1170 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Thanks Greg. It was a fun September and a freezer full of elk is a great bonus.

--------------------
Pete

Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

I got this doe a little over a week ago on my property in central Wisconsin. I got her from a stand that I don't think I hunted for about five years. When I got up there I couldn't believe how much things had grown up and wasn't sure that I could a get a shot at all. She stopped in front of the stand almost straight down under a ten inch hole in the foliage.

-

--------------------
Sherwood Forest

zepnut
2017 Contributor
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zepnut   Author's Homepage   Email zepnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]
Posts: 876 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Good job Greg, nice freezer filler.

--------------------
Pete

Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Took this buck last Weds, 11/4, my first with a longbow. Finally got that monkey off my back.

-

--------------------
Pete

Leland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leland   Email Leland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job of putting meat in the freezer fellas.
Leland

Posts: 819 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Pete

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16702 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragin Bull
Contributor 2015
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragin Bull   Author's Homepage   Email Ragin Bull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Pete!

--------------------
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Posts: 1165 | From: Wis. | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigriver
Contributor 2016
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigriver   Email Bigriver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1236 | From: West Bend WI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©