JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » 2015 WTA State Shoot At Sherwood Forest

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2015 WTA State Shoot At Sherwood Forest
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTA Members

The 2015 WTA Stae Shoot is nearly upon us and I am getting really excited to make this among the best that we have held so far. I hope the weather cooperates and gives a fair shake. I am just going to run through a number of items and try to answer as many as questions as there could possibly be.

As far shooting for the championship it will cost an additional $5 (which goes directly and completely into the WTA youth fund). You must also be a WTA member. Score cards must be turned in by 5 PM on Sat but it will be greatly appreciated if they are turned in early so your shoot chairman can fill out the brackets. All of the shoot off targets will be brand new for the shoot off and will be sold by silent auction up until 8:30 Sunday morning. I think everyone will enjoy watching the shoot off. It is my plan to hold it on the patio area behind the club house so it should be quite nice for the spectators. As always we will do everything to make the shoot of move smoothly. Also, anyone that does not wish to shoot for the championship should feel free to just shoot for fun and you will not be required to pay the additional $5.

Camping: We will have ample room for camping of all units. There is a couple tent camping areas with another on the course if you prefer rustic and private. We also have an area for RV units and the RV's will also get priority in the parking areas so if you are driving in for the day and see cars parked on the road just park there as well. It is only a short walk. We have about a half dozen outlets for RV's to plug into but I doubt the service will support very many AC units. I would appreciate a call, text or email if you are bringing a RV so I can plan. I am already planning for the Footed Shaft, Roger, Ron, Joe L, Carl K, George and Ron L.

As always I strongly encourage youth participation. I will have our shooting range that we use at the banquet set up for the kids next to the club house. If someone would like to do some novelty shoots or program for the kids there I would greatly appreciate it but at any rate I will have tip over targets in there for them to just have fun with. Please let me know what I can do to help support you if you would like to do something for the kids.

I will also have at least one camp shower set up next to the clubhouse with my pump sprayer. Just take the pump sprayer into the janitors closet which is about 30 feet away and fill it with hot water.

Directions:

For those coming in on I94 take the hwy 164 exit (294) and go north about 6 miles to Richmond rd. Then west 1 mile to Mary Hill rd. and north 1/2 mile to Walnut. Then east 1/4 mile and you are there.

For those coming from the north on 41 get off at hwy 60, go west just less than 1/2 mile and then southon hwy 164 for 13 miles to hwy VV. West on VV for 3/4 miles to Mary Hill rd. and the south 3/4 miles to Walnut. East on walnut to the club.

Also another tip for directions is to go to the WTA site and we have a map there with all of the clubs marked (thanks to Joe Lasch).

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zEqIatN8Mc2c.kEYNu4aYIjaU

Hotels:

There are two hotels right at the intersection of I94 and hwy 164 and the two more just south of that on Blue Mound rd on the north side of the Waukesha airport. The hotels by I94 are the Holiday Inn, N14 W24140 Tower Place, Pewaukee, 1 877 859 5095 and the
Wildwood Lodge

N14 W24121 Tower Place, Pewaukee,1 262 297 0590.

The other two hotels are the Price Pointe Inn and the Airport Lodge.

We will have food throughout the weekend with pulled pork for the main event on Saturday by Ron Kulas. Ron Is smoking the pork in his industrial size smoker and I will bet it will done ever so.

Our club house has AC for relief if it is a bit warm and there is a twenty yard range for use by vendors. Please come.

WTA State Shoot August 15th and 16th, 2015The Wisconsin Traditional Archers and Sherwood Forest Bowmen, Sussex, WI are hosting the 2015 WTA State Shoot
40 3D targetsFree campingBreakfast and lunch Saturday and SundayDinner available Friday and SaturdayVendors welcome Traditional equipment only For more info. call Greg Szalewski 262 853 4648
Sherwood Forest BowmenN61 W25600 Walnut Rd, Sussex, WI 53089
www.sherwoodforestbowmen.com

I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Greg Szalewski

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1171 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeager
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeager   Email yeager   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie and I are planning on being there. See you then.

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Wisconsin Bowhunter Assoc lifetime member
P&Y Club, Official Measurer

Posts: 409 | From: No. Illinois | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGKulas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGKulas   Email RGKulas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High heat, High humidity, Storms, No electricity.

All in all, it was a great time. [biglaugh]

Thanks to everybody that came out and sweated through their shirts, shot their bows, drank beer and ate pork.

Posts: 202 | From: WI | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks to all that came out to make this shoot a huge success. We did have some adverse conditions but that is all in day for traditional bowhunters. The shoot off was as exciting as ever with it coming down to the last arrow as usual. The 2015 WTA State Champs are:
Finn Hermann, cub
Bodhi Kauss, cadet
Terri Davis, womens
Mac Murphy, mens
Congratulations to the 2015 champs!

I also want to thank everyone for leaving the grounds cleaner than they found it.

Thanks to Ron for making the pork. It was way too good to even think about putting bbq sauce on.

I had many compliments on the course and I just want to say that that means a lot to me. I had fun trying to get a variety of shots set. I didn't want them too long but wanted them to be challenging all the same.

I also have to mention that the WTA folks made such a positive impression on the Sherwood Forrest members that I am sure at least a few of them will be giving trad archery a try.

THANKS AGAIN!!
Greg

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Sherwood Forest

Posts: 1171 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Shirek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Shirek   Email Paul Shirek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for a great shoot! Is there anyway to see the scores for the original round of 40? I couldn't stay till Sunday and just wanted to see where I ranked for fun...
Posts: 205 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Paul, the lowest score to qualify was 278 if that helps you. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for coming out.

--------------------
Sherwood Forest

Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Thanks to Ron for making the pork. It was way too good to even think about putting bbq sauce on."

I'll second that. Had seconds and would have had thirds if I wasn't already stuffed.

Thanks Greg for a great course. We all had fun on Saturday trying to figure out how to shoot between the trees.

--------------------
Pete

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1315 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©