JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » 2016 Bunny hunts WTA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2016 Bunny hunts WTA
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we had the first of our WTA 2016 bunny hunts this past Saturday. It was great seeing the old friends from the past years, and some new folks.

Thanks are in order to Don Kauss and family for hosting the event.

We have had numerous past bunny hunts on his farm, which appears to be designed and built to propagate bunnies !

A lot ( a WHOLE lot) of our success and failure depends on the weather on the day of the hunt and maybe a few days prior. Face it, winter in Wisconsin can deal out nearly anything, but odds are cold, and very cold, are forerunners in this department.

This day was, well, awesome. Snow on the ground made bunnies and their sign visible, and made you feel like you were hunting bunnies. The air was clear, just a bit of wind, and ranged from mid teens at the start, to very nearly 30 at days end.

We had two lil beagles light up the air with the noises beagles make when bunnies are around. and the bunnies......were EVERYWHERE !

We hunted the morning away till just past noon. Lunch was a blend of stuff folks brought and there was a lot of BSing and catching up, followed by more bunny chasing.

It was a wonderful hunt. Lots of shot op's, lots of baying by the dogs, lots of teasing back and forth.

Thanks again Don.
ChuckC

Posts: 7167 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a great Time!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16702 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Winkler
2017 Contributor
Member # 15949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Winkler   Email Kevin Winkler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an email yesterday from Don Kauss about the bunny hunt this Sat. the 16th at his place.

I sent out an WTA email for those that I have on the list.

They will have dogs again for Sat. and Don is asking those that are planning on attending to call him and let him know.

Don Kauss
E5838 Feldman Rd
Loganville, WI 53943
608-371-4160

--------------------
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Membership Chairmen, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association
Compton Traditional Archers

Posts: 996 | From: Monroe, WI | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to make one of these hunts. Winter time with so much to do and I get to work every weekend....dammit!!!!!

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3578 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©