JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » Sherwood Forest Bowmen traditional shoot 2/4/2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sherwood Forest Bowmen traditional shoot 2/4/2017
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sherwood Forest Bowmen in Sussex will be hosting an indoor 3D brush shoot and an outdoor 3D shoot Feb 4, 2017. Shooting hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be available. For more info contact Greg Szalewski at 262 853 4648.
Address:N61 W25600 Walnut Rd. Sussex, WI 53089
Directions to clubhouse:
http://sherwoodforestbowmen.com/ClubInfo/Location/tabid/60/Default.aspx

I got out this morning and set up the outdoor range. I had lots of help so I put out a record number of targets. I have 18 set, with 3 uphill shots, well 4 if you count the racoon on top of the dead oak. We have the usual novelty shots, and I see the swinging canoe has been retrofitted so it won't rollover anymore. [Frown] We hung the barrel for the Howard Hill shot. The wood pile for the campfire is well stocked and I will have hot chocolate on hand there.
I will be frying bacon in a bit for the two pans of Karen's ever popular egg bake for breakfast so come early and hungry.
I have many old Xmas ornaments to hang on the Xmas trees on the indoor range for your shooting and shattering pleasure.
I hope everyone can make it out and make this the biggest shoot yet as it is doubtful that I will be putting this shoot on anymore.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1170 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BillW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BillW   Email BillW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always fun Greg. We should be there.
Bill

--------------------
Aim Small

Posts: 1232 | From: IL | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGKulas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGKulas   Email RGKulas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the fixins for the chili dinner have been secured. Construction begins tomorrow.
Posts: 202 | From: WI | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigriver
Contributor 2016
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigriver   Email Bigriver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to it, I will be bringing the donation bow along if someone can take it to the banquet.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1236 | From: West Bend WI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is set up and ready. See you in the morning.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Sherwood Forest

Posts: 1170 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knobby
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knobby   Email knobby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greg, thanks for once again hosting a great shoot. Otto and I had a good time and it seemed as though lots of others did too. I was impressed by the turn out of archers for a winter event.
Posts: 1179 | From: Plymouth WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a fun shoot Greg. I didn't even lose any arrows !
Thanks

Posts: 7167 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGKulas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGKulas   Email RGKulas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was good to see so many people turn out. Ive never run out of chili before.
Posts: 202 | From: WI | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was asking about it later in the day !
Posts: 7167 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Thanks to everyone that came out. This was the biggest turn out yet. Many new faces this year and many of them were much younger than me. Lots of Xmas ornaments bit the dust. There was about a shovel full of pieces when we swept up. I will get out after a good melt and see if I can find any lost arrows.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Greg

--------------------
Sherwood Forest

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©