JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » Milwaukee Sports Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Milwaukee Sports Show
Roadsnakes
Member # 45738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadsnakes   Email Roadsnakes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Milwaukee Sports Show is coming up.

http://jssportsshow.com/

I haven`t gone to it for a long time. Ever since they moved it from Downtown.

They used to have a huge Archery presence. Has anyone gone to it lately?
'
 -

Posts: 15 | From: WISCONSIN | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think 99 was the last year that I went. I was getting info for a vacation to SD. No need to go to a show for that anymore.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1152 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadsnakes
Member # 45738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadsnakes   Email Roadsnakes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the 90`s the show had a ton of Archery info.

It looks like this year only one archery shop is represented.

I still might go and check things out.
'

-

Posts: 15 | From: WISCONSIN | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadsnakes
Member # 45738

Went to The Milwaukee Sports Show yesterday.

That show is but a skeleton of it`s former self.

Back in the 70`s when it was downtown you could spend an entire day at it.

Now, you`d have to make it stretch to last 2-3 hours.

Not one stick bow in the place.

But, the tickets are not expensive, and it`s still an enjoyable way to get you ready for Spring and Summer outdoors.
'
 -

RGKulas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGKulas   Email RGKulas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ITs a boating, fishing, RV, camping, water dog, cooking show. Its not a hunting show by any stretch. We stopped going. Its not worth the time to attend.
Posts: 183 | From: WI | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadsnakes
Member # 45738

I`d have to disagree.

It`s worth the time.

They`ve made it very inexpensive to attend.

I just wish more Archery Vendors would participate.

Back in the 70`s Archery had a HUGE presence!

Even without it, for the price of admission, it`s a good time.
'
 -
'

-

RGKulas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGKulas   Email RGKulas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The price is fair for a boating, fishing, RV, camping, water dog, chevy truck, deck and docks, sauces and dips, cooking, rain gutter guard, chamber of commerce show and you are interested in those things.

If you go there hoping to see a hunting/bowhunting event, then its not a value at all.

Posts: 183 | From: WI | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©