JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Recipes/Grilling/ Barbecuing/Smokers » Bobcat fajitas (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bobcat fajitas
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 10 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot a big bobcat this past season and just had to try it. The meat looks just like pork and is similiar in texture. So, I made bobcat fajitas and they were great! I cut out the backstraps and cut them into chunks then cooked them in a skillet with olive oil, half a lime, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, cilantro, onions, salt, and garlic. Just cook until the meat is brown all the way through, season to taste, throw it on a tortilla with some sour cream and cheese then enjoy!

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARCHER2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARCHER2   Email ARCHER2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol......that might just be the first time I've heard of eating bobcat. Glad you enjoyed it. Just don't be surprised if you start puuurrrring.
Charlie

--------------------
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 1673 | From: Bastrop, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Mountain Lion is excellent. I am not surprised to hear bobcat is also. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16837 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PowDuck
Contributor 2014
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PowDuck   Email PowDuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way back in the '60s and '70s when I was a kid in Newport, AR we had an annual wild game feed at the little school in Beedeville. They always had every kind of wild game you could imagine. One year they had rattlesnake but we were too far back in the line to get any before it ran out.

Anyway, of all the meats I tried there, I still remember the bobcat. It was one of the best and most tender meats I had. If memory serves, it was likely fried.

The state health dept. finally shut it down. It was a huge gathering.

--------------------
Romans 8:28

Posts: 1068 | From: Texarkana, TX/AR | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatshooter   Email Flatshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never ate bobcat but the cougar I shot several years ago was excellent. It is the other,other white meat similar in texture and taste to pork.
Posts: 2924 | From: Eagleville, TN, | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knawbone   Email Knawbone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobcat doesn't sound to much different than House cat. I guess if i were really hungry, otherwise......no thanks.

--------------------
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Posts: 2373 | From: Painted Post , NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was very much like pork! I would like to get another one some day.

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bronco611
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bronco611   Email bronco611   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could only imagine a cat-on-a-stick!!! Sounds like I can hear it purring already.

--------------------
Life is rough, beer good and people are crazy!!!

Posts: 101 | From: Sylvester, Georgia | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteBeard121
Contributor 2013
Member # 37389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteBeard121   Email WhiteBeard121   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a young man I liked to read about the mountain men of our nation's past. Several stories stated that mountain lion was the preferred of all the meats available to them. Keep hoping to try some one day.

I have learned in my limited hunting experience that they are not attracted to, "here kitty, kitty, kitty." [Smile]

Posts: 132 | From: va | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jrbb00
Member # 3747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jrbb00   Email jrbb00   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few on another site that deals in predator hunting have a couple of recopies for bob cat back strap. let me know if you want the site do not know if I can post it here so pm me.
Posts: 32 | From: Hallettsville | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Yeah!!!!! I have ate Bobcat several times and it's really not too bad. I might have to try the fajita idea, sounds great....I marinate the back straps with Dorthy Lynch and Mustard and some Pork Rub, let it set for a day. Wrap in bacon and throw it on the grill. I have had several people try it and like it. I usually do not tell them what it is until after it is all gone but usually everyone is satisfied.....The jokes that come with eating it are comical to say the least.
Posts: 632 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigb3303
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigb3303   Email bigb3303   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awsome! Mite make good Chinese also? Or is that dog? Hahaha I would have ate it to, if I had killed it
Posts: 147 | From: tennessee | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[biglaugh]

--------------------
>>>----------------->

ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mountain lion I've ate was excellent. Just like said above it is very much like pork and a real white , fine textured meat.

--------------------
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Posts: 1855 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2017
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed a big bobcat 2 weeks ago! Man, fajitas. I got to connect and get me a kitty to grill.

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4313 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©