JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Recipes/Grilling/ Barbecuing/Smokers » Coffee Rub

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee Rub
amicus
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amicus   Email amicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I was in Kodiak Ak, the friends we stayed with cooked the best steaks I have ever had. He used the following as a rub.

Equal parts of dark roast coffee, salt and pepper.

So I decided to try it on some back straps. Using a coffee grinder I grinded some Starbucks Verona coffee, sea salt and some pepper corns. Mixed it all up and rubbed it on the Back straps. Put the grill on high and placed the meat on the grill. Occasionally pouring melted butter on the meat. Cooked it Med Rare. It was great.

Thanks

Gilbert

--------------------
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Posts: 1164 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31250 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good. Just need a backstrap now, lol.

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4800 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna have to try that. Thanks!

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5546 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amicus
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amicus   Email amicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
update: I have tried this rub when smoking a hind qtr. and wasn't to pleased with the out come.

I believe that it is the butter and the flames that makes this rub work really well. A nice crust is formed with the melted butter and the flare ups.

G

--------------------
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Posts: 1164 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike VanBuren
Contributor 2018
Member # 2985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike VanBuren   Email Mike VanBuren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried this last night at camp without butter. I added a little spicy dry molasses glaze rub.Very good! Had a nice char to it and held the juices in.
Posts: 323 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©