JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » FLORIDA - Traditional Bowhunters of Florida » LongHammock 3D ,March 16th and 30th (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LongHammock 3D ,March 16th and 30th
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to Rob H today. He said we will start shooting in Feb 2014..He will get with a few others and come up with a start date..I'm thinking towards end of month??? Good practice for the TBOF Spring shoot. I will update when I know the exact date... UPDATE..first shoot Sunday Feb 23rd
Posts: 3623 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alligatordond
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alligatordond   Email alligatordond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait!

--------------------
DonD

Posts: 1154 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for major archer   Email major archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes its been a long hunting season need the practice and some fried food! Looking forward to some 3-D and old friends.
Posts: 196 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy, I hoping for more grilled meat this year, I prefer grilled over fried myself.. I might have to find a gas grill to leave at LongHammock..I have a few stainless steel skewers just for grilling bite sized pieces of deer meat..I will talk to Rob H about it. Rob H and Shawn really work hard to cook the meat, fries, hush puppys, etc. for everybody. I could run the grill and help them out.
Posts: 3623 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mullet
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mullet   Author's Homepage   Email mullet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great! I don't think I made a single shoot last year. Rob, a little late to start eating healthy. What's next, carrot sticks?
Posts: 509 | From: lakeland fl | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Mullet, I like my deer meat medium rare and grilled..I grew up eating it fried and cooked well done, then I drowned it in ketchup.. I just cooked some wild hog tenderloins for supper. I cooked them in oven using "oven fry" they were moist on the inside and the oven fry was crunchy on outside. These were from a 190 pound boar hog Helen got last year.. very mild and tasty! Tomorrow night I'm cooking part of a wild hog back strap in a oven bag with baby potatoes, baby carrots and a vidalia onion.it should be pretty good.
mullet
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mullet   Author's Homepage   Email mullet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm, what time is dinner?
Posts: 509 | From: lakeland fl | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Ranger
Contributor 2014
Member # 27999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Ranger   Email Lone Ranger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any one have a start date for the long hammock shoots yet?

L.R.

--------------------
Profanity Makes Ignorance Audible

Posts: 531 | From: Florida (Williston) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stick & String
Member # 2185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stick & String   Email Stick & String   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New to the area, can anyone tell me when these shoots will start and the location of the shoots? I can't seem to find anything on the net about the Long Hammock 3d shoots.

--------------------
Stick & String

Posts: 41 | From: SE Indiana (Cincinnati) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Just got off phone with Rob H. First 2014 shoot Sunday Feb 23,2014. See "LongHammock directions" thread for location.
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

The feb 23rd shoot went well! 40? People showed up,the weather was good for us..all the bad storms seemed to stay south and east of us. Next shoot Sunday March 16
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

The next LongHammock shoot is March 16th. Bring a friend or two...
alligatordond
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alligatordond   Email alligatordond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be there Robert

--------------------
DonD

Posts: 1154 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told a couple cheeseheads that are hunting at Truesouth about the shoot. They may stop on their way home.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1180 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

I hope they bring some cheese curds to the shoot. I havn't had them since I was in Ohio last November..I'm bringing thin sliced yuca to make crispy fried yuca chips.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©