JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » FLORIDA - Traditional Bowhunters of Florida » Turkey hunting in Green Swamp WMA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Turkey hunting in Green Swamp WMA
The Ole' Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40895

Icon 2 posted      Profile for The Ole' Bowhunter   Email The Ole' Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody ever bowhunt turkey hunt in Green Swamp? Whats up with these Osceola gobblers...do they ever gobble? We have eastern gobblers in Saratoga, New York where I do the majority of my turkey hunting and they are not afraid to gobble at anytime throughout the day. I just don't know what to do as far as calling goes or locating a willing gobbler? Any advice?
Posts: 261 | From: Saratoga, New York | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Bowhunter   Email T-Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never hunted in Green Swamp, I have hunted Florida Turkey's for closed to over 40 years. On public land after the first week of season the birds have been messed with so munch that they stop gobbling. The best way to hunt them is to locate the birds by finding their sign. Once located set up and yelp every 30 to 60 minutes. The birds will come in without saying anything, so you have to be still, Good Luck!

--------------------
William

Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Posts: 1789 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mullet
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mullet   Author's Homepage   Email mullet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've hunted the Swamp more than any other place in Florida. It is real good, real big, and you have to do a lot of scouting. Part of the reason these birds don't gobble a lot is there are a lot more critters that want to eat them, here. That's also why they have bigger hooks.
Posts: 509 | From: lakeland fl | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gringol
Contributor 2014
Member # 34789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gringol   Email gringol   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X2 on the scouting. There are lots of birds in the green swamp, but that doesn't mean it's easy to find them.
Posts: 1651 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©