JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » FLORIDA - Traditional Bowhunters of Florida » Ocala, Inverness, or Clermont help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ocala, Inverness, or Clermont help
GWV
Contributor 2014
Member # 33381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWV   Email GWV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I may have a chance to transfer my job to Florida and am focusing on living in one of these three areas. I have my wife and 8 year old son. Of course, elementary school is the biggest priority. Then there is bow hunting, fishing and general woods bumming. I love hunting hogs probably more than deer. My son and I have hunted the last few years around Arcadia with a guide service. Of course I want to get away from that type of hunting.
So, basically what I am asking is if you have any info on these areas would you please share? Which one would put me closer to more hunting and fishing opportunities and which has the best school system.
Thanks in advance for taking the time. Pm's are welcome !

Posts: 662 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buddy
Member # 13837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buddy   Email Buddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GWV, the school districts in Florida are by county, and Ocala, Inverness and Clermont are in 3 different counties (Marion, Citrus and Lake, respectively). Accordingly, the quality of the schools could vary widely between counties, and within each county. For example, Marion County has over 30 elementary schools. All 3 areas offer great opportunities for outdoor recreation. Inverness is closer to the Gulf, if your interested in salt water fishing; Clermont is closer to the big city; Ocala is centrally located. In general, Florida has one of the lowest tax rates of all the states (no state income tax); and public services are reduced accordingly.

Good luck with your investigations and decision.

Buddy

--------------------
Buddy

Posts: 8 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both Lake and Marion have school districts that include between 40-50 schools and serve over 40,000 students. They are both great districts and there are many excellent schools in each. I don't know much about Citrus County, but imagine it is the same. All three counties have access to large wildlife management areas and abundant freshwater fishing opportunities. The hunting can be good, but you will definitely need to invest some time into learning the area.

The three areas are not really that far apart. They form a triangle with the longest leg being about an hour and a half drive.

TBOF shoots are just east of Ocala.

Look us up.

Gregg

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5800 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GWV
Contributor 2014
Member # 33381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWV   Email GWV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot fellas. Drove through Clermont last week on vacation. A little bigger than what I care for. Looking strongly at Inverness but haven't ruled out Ocala.
Posts: 662 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GWV
Contributor 2014
Member # 33381

Well, over a year later, I am moving to the Groveland area. Looking forward to hooking up with some of you and doing some shooting. I appreciate all of you that responded. Right now, I'm thinking about only hunting hogs here and doing my deer hunting in WV. We will see!
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out the longhammock 3D thread.. the shoot location is just north of Wildwood and its not that far north of Groveland
Posts: 3605 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you guys got settled in.. fall is here and the acorns are falling everywhere
Posts: 3605 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©