JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » FLORIDA - Traditional Bowhunters of Florida » limbs I'm working on..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: limbs I'm working on..
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping to have some new limbs ready for the TBOF Spring Shoot. Im not shoot the Championship ranges but will be on the Fun range a few times.. hoping to glue up another set of limbs this weekend..I have to make or buy a drill jig for the ILF connection. Once holes are drilled I can shape the limbs and add tip overlays then spray finish  -
Posts: 3609 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnome
Member # 11881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnome   Email gnome   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is ....WOW...those are awesome looking!
What riser are you using for the build? And what weight do you think they will end up?

--------------------
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

Posts: 42 | From: Bushnell, FL | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a used 15" TT Black Onyx riser. These are prototype limbs and I am thinking somewhere between 35 and 40 lbs. I just glued up another set of limbs using red elm tapers with Figured Sapele veneer on back and curly koa on the belly
Posts: 3609 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

I got the Sapele/koa limbs on bow tonight..draw weight will end up 28# @ 28". I am working on the other set now. I assume it will be similar draw weight. These are the first limbs off of the form and draw weight was a guess..at least I didn't get 80#s. I shot a couple of 800 spine arrows right at dark tonight..limbs are pretty good for 28#s. I will add another lamination in the next set and bring #s up to 40-45# @ 28"
Kurtwalker
Member # 36301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurtwalker   Email Kurtwalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful limbs!!! Could you post a side profile pic?
Posts: 10 | From: FL | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

I just spray finished the olive ash burl limbs today, they are ready to shoot..Ill put them on bow scale tomottow, they should be 36-37#s at 28" on my 15" Black Onyx riser.Ill take a few pics tomorrow
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

-  -
Kurtwalker
Member # 36301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurtwalker   Email Kurtwalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!! Great looking limbs.I love the big hook in them....they ought to shoot great.
Posts: 10 | From: FL | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Thanks, with yesterdays rain I only got 12 shots off..Ill know more today, gonna try it out at the TBOF spring shoot.

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©