JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Howard Hill » HH bug got me ... Part One! (Page 500)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 997 pages: 1  2  3  ...  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  ...  995  996  997   
Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!
30coupe
Contributor 2017
Member # 9663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30coupe   Email 30coupe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried B50 on my Shelton, but it just had too much shock with B50. I really wanted it to work since B50 is so cheap, but a 10 strand D97 eliminated the shock and was just as quiet as the B50. I don't care about gaining performance, nor do I see that it makes much of a performance difference on Hill style bows anyway.

--------------------
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Bamabows Expedition Hunter III 60" 48# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3223 | From: Manly and Bellevue, IA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by C.Cannon:
quote:
Originally posted by ny state land:
http://archeryduns.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/14895607-hit-em-like-howard-hill-parts-1-4

links to Hitten em like Howard

Thank you so much for posting this [archer]

I strung up my 76# Big 5 and took some form shots in the basement while following these direction as best I could and my arrows were in groups about the size of a quarter every time

Thanks for reposting this link.

Very good material! [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7326 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rossco7002
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rossco7002   Email Rossco7002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ba- boom! 500 pages!

--------------------
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Posts: 848 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WESTBROOK
Contributor 2017
Member # 8854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WESTBROOK   Email WESTBROOK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ba- boom! 500 pages!
Yeah, for such a simple bow there sure seems to be alot to talk about eh? [thumbsup]

Eric

Posts: 3660 | From: Manton Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonheart:
Who is the maker of "Morning Sun"?

Morning Jeff...

"Morning Sun" comes from the still darkness in the early morning. The bewitching time when all you can hear is is your breath as you sit, waiting for first light. Then she comes, not fully revealed but her silent glory begins to announce her coming and all the world waits to greet her. I shiver a bit and know she will grace my face with her warm greeting while burning the frost from the leaves. She gives energy to the breeze and the world comes to life. She is deadly silent and as sweet as the fragrance of the morning air as it rises from the forest floor.
She is not here yet but will come in her time. We wait patiently with great expectation. We will all behold her natural glory together when her time is come!

Posts: 2265 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started to try my hand at shooting both ways but I was advised by someone I have great respect for that I might better off not doing it unless there was some physical reason that necessitated it.

I am barely an average shooter to begin with and if shooting both ways was going to make that worse, I couldn't afford to take that chance.

"Morning Sun"....has a nice ring to it.

Great job Tony of painting us a verbal picture of what it looks like in those pre-dawn moments before the sun rises in all it's glory.

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12021 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ny state land:
[archer]

I strung up my 76# Big 5 and took some form shots in the basement while following these direction as best I could and my arrows were in groups about the size of a quarter every time
[thumbsup]

Very Cool!! [thumbsup]
Posts: 2265 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Thanks Mudd! She has been a dream for many years.
EastTexasRedneck
Contributor 2012
Member # 35059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EastTexasRedneck   Email EastTexasRedneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, Best description I've heard for that magical time of day. Thanks for that. Philip
Posts: 74 | From: TX | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rik
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rik   Email Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

The mental picture you painted was the perfect way to celebrate page 500 and make it a keeper.

I have a feeling you may have spent a day or two in the woods.

P.S. Yesterday, I saw a flock of about 50 robins in my upper llama pasture, and this morning I heard the first red wing black bird. I think Idaho's spring may have just sprung!

Posts: 607 | From: Horseshoe Bend, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molson   Email Molson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darren- Xcel is made by Brownell. Really good stuff! Not as abrasive resistant as D97 (you have to keep it waxed) but a much softer feel.

--------------------
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Posts: 1778 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Phillip,
Thanks! Those who have been there will know it intimately.

Thanks Rik, I have spent a few hours in the woods. Have missed it dearly these past few years. I've some catchin' up to do.

Morning Sun and I have a perpetual date. Hope our paths cross one day - perhaps next year at the hog slaughter in GA??

MikeNova
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeNova   Email MikeNova   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Tony I like that name to brings to mind many great mornings in the woods.
Posts: 439 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2017
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it has been mentioned "wingspan" as a measurement, just to clarify, are we talking about the measurement of both arms extended from tip of middle finger to tip of middle finger? Is that correct?

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4318 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisM   Email ChrisM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep i believe so.

--------------------
Gods greatest command: Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Posts: 1127 | From: Broaddus Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 997 pages: 1  2  3  ...  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  ...  995  996  997   

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©