JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Paul Schafer » Memories of Paul Schafer - Gene Wensel (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Memories of Paul Schafer - Gene Wensel
Jim Spencer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Spencer   Email Jim Spencer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the story Gene,I enjoyed it very much.

-Jim Spencer

Posts: 354 | From: Maine | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet those crawdads looked like lobsters to you Too Short.........
Most people don't realize what a brave thing you did attacking those big rascals by yourself.
All things are relative..............

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4473 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PBNJ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PBNJ   Email PBNJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene, thanks alot, that was cool.
Posts: 473 | From: nj | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nutmeg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nutmeg   Email nutmeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

--------------------
Rich Potter

Posts: 387 | From: San Marcos,Tx. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nutmeg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nutmeg   Email nutmeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Biggie, that was priceless. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Rich Potter

Posts: 387 | From: San Marcos,Tx. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JEFFRO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEFFRO   Email JEFFRO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, this is the reason I come to this board, memories are what we pass on to make our children better people. jeffro
Posts: 579 | From: red oak texas | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coop
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coop   Email Coop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing that. Obviously I never met him but Paul is the reason I got into bowhunting. In an old Outdoorlife magazine there was an article on Paul after his death (I still have the magazine). And reading that article about him and his bows lit my bowhunting fire. I still hope to someday find a Silvertip made by him.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Posts: 670 | From: Acme, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene, what else can I say! Feel free every now and then to give us another shot in the arm like the Schaf article. God Bless.
Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1690 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arraflipper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arraflipper   Author's Homepage   Email arraflipper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene, thanks for writing the article to say I enjoyed it would be a real understatement. I really enjoy first hand writing especially about Paul.

--------------------
Arraflipper
Jim Fisk Bowyer
"Life is to short to shoot an ugly bow!"

Posts: 274 | From: N. Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaybowTx
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaybowTx   Author's Homepage   Email RaybowTx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene, The pictures of him with big recurves in the early 80's is what influenced me in trad. archery. He was like the Arnold S. of trad. archery that influenced us young aspiring eighteen yr. olds. ( well there wasn't very many).

Thanx for sharing the experiance you had with Mr. PAUL

Raybow..................Tx..............

--------------------
na

Posts: 126 | From: Georgetown, Tx | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MSwickard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MSwickard   Email MSwickard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene

The power of the pen! Thanks for spending the time to put in ink your refections and exploits with Paul Schafer. Doing so gives all of us that did not know him, a better understanding of what he was really like.

Mike

Posts: 410 | From: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elk song
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elk song   Email Elk song   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for that peice of your life Mr. Wensel. I wish I could have known Mr. Shafer, it is nice to hear about the things he did and who he was.
Posts: 174 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Combs
2017 Contributor
Member # 2399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R. Combs   Email R. Combs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Gene
Great read. Went well with my coffee this morning.

Rick

Posts: 533 | From: Black River, NY | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roughcountry
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 2496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roughcountry   Email Roughcountry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene, Add my thanks for sharin a chunk of your life.It reads well sir [thumbsup]
Posts: 2203 | From: Eastern Oregon | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Islandlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Islandlongbow   Email Islandlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Gene. [Smile]
Jerry

--------------------
Procrastination is the thief of time.

Posts: 666 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©