JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Paul Schafer » Memories of Paul Schafer - Gene Wensel (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Memories of Paul Schafer - Gene Wensel
Crazy Horse
Member # 117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy Horse   Email Crazy Horse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gene!!!!!!

--------------------
If you want meat on the pole you gotta put wood in the air.

Posts: 86 | From: S.W. Arkansas, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Weekend Warrior
Contributor 2010
Member # 3400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Weekend Warrior   Email Weekend Warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the great story Gene!!!!

I won the Bowhunting Oct Whitetails video autographed by Barry auctioned on this site.

Barry also included a Picture of two very nice bucks taken by Paul and Barry on a 1990 montana hunt. Thanks again for the story

Also Thanks for the Picture Barry!!

Posts: 1250 | From: KY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-BIG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-BIG   Email 2-BIG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great tribute Gene. I guess we all hope someday we could have words spoken about us that shows we have had a positive impact on the people we know. You did a great job!

--------------------
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 2308 | From: Fowler, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
widowman41
Member # 5001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for widowman41   Email widowman41   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene
Thank you so much for sharing your memories with all of us. Paul, Berry, & youself were/are insperations to many of us long time stick shooters. I sure hope you realise what your dedication has meant to our sport.

thx

Posts: 47 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy Horse
Member # 117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy Horse   Email Crazy Horse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene ,I got a rare treat a year or so back. I had bought a bunch of old archery magazines from sombody, I can't even remember who it was now. When I got them there were a bunch of old brochures from different bowyers in the box with them. I saw one that had some writing on it. I picked it up and it was a Schafer recurve brochure. Paul Schafer had written a note about a Mexican sheep hunt that he had just completed and signed his name under it. I treasure this along side my signed items from Howard Hill and Bob Swinehart. I hope one day all of Pauls friends will compile all their stories and pictures and publish a book about Mr. Schafer. It may not be a money making thing but it is just one of those things in life that just needs to happen. Thanks for sharing your stories you make me proud to call myself an archer.

--------------------
If you want meat on the pole you gotta put wood in the air.

Posts: 86 | From: S.W. Arkansas, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhanson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhanson   Email dhanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is great stuff! Gene's draw on the era and times spent with a great bowhunter, then moderator too short to bring it into perspective!

Like the old cliche, "it don't get no better than this folks!".

I got a glimpse of some smiles this past weekend on a special hog hunt, sure felt good, I got to tell ya!

Posts: 101 | From: Doyline, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GENE OUTSTANDING READING.Thanks<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Roehrick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Roehrick   Email Ron Roehrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene,thanks nice of you to share these stories, they are priceless.By the way your autographed photos arrived, thank you, and thank barry for me. Ron Roehrick.
Posts: 843 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basalt
Member # 4680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basalt   Author's Homepage   Email Basalt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GENE EXCELLENT STUFF, THANKS FOR SHARING.
Posts: 49 | From: Tully Heads Australia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swamper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swamper   Author's Homepage   Email swamper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for letting us share too....
Posts: 597 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©