JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Paul Schafer » Paul Schafer-MORE memories! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Paul Schafer-MORE memories!
Lee Viv
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee Viv   Email Lee Viv       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Paul! I never get tired of hearing stories like that. It's nice to hear about bowhunters who hunt for the love of hunting, not for records and publicity. You were truly lucky to spend time with him.

Lee Vivian [Not Worthy]

Posts: 1424 | From: Lankster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am just now learning about Paul Schafer. What a thrilling read, what a vibrant life. I know that just as the stories make the blood race, they are also going to give me pause in my travels, and lead to some quiet moments of contemplation in the field.

Thank you, Mr. Brunner.

Killdeer

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15439 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8th Dwarf
Charter
Member # 1328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8th Dwarf   Author's Homepage   Email 8th Dwarf       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody EVER calls me "Mr. Brunner"!!!!!! It's Too Short, if you want to be polite and nice. Otherwise, you wouldn't believe what my hunting mates call me!

I know nothing of Hunter, Paul's son. There was a very nasty custody battle and not long after that Paul was killed. I would guess that Barry W. might know more. I lost track.

Too Short

--------------------
Too Short or Too F. Short

Posts: 1021 | From: New Zealand/Montana | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not much for being polite. Nor nice. I was intending to show respect for you, TF, and for Paul and your memories of him.

See if I make that mistake again!LOL!! [tunglaff] [Razz]

Wait a minnit...if calling you "Mr. Brunner" gets your goat...

heeheehee [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15439 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenn
Member # 2786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenn   Email Kenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great tribute. Is there a biography written on Paul Shafer? If so, I'd appreciate its title and author.
Thanks,
Ken

Posts: 77 | From: Halfmoon, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Leemans
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 79

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Leemans   Email Tom Leemans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool post Paul. BTW I just watched the Elk Dream Hunt video Saturday night. My heart was pounding and I wasn't there!

--------------------
Got wood? - Tom

Posts: 4847 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8th Dwarf
Charter
Member # 1328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8th Dwarf   Author's Homepage   Email 8th Dwarf       Edit/Delete Post 
I still think about that hunt, Tom. I got into another situation like that this past September. I had DOZENS of bulls going in one basin. It was insane. I thought of Schaf, as I was stalking in on the one that goes with my posts.

Too Short

--------------------

Posts: 1021 | From: New Zealand/Montana | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droptine59
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptine59   Email droptine59       Edit/Delete Post 
I met Paul Schafer many years ago at a P&Y function. A physically impressive man. very soft spoken and just all out nice guy. Over a few years in the late 80's and 90's I was able to corrospnd via letter (before the net sterilized communication). I have saved those letters and game pictures. they adorn my den of mounts and extensive vintage recurve collection. Paul is a major part of my Archery history display. As is the 8th Dwarf, and the Wensel boys (senior citizen and all). Rich Lopez [bigsmyl]
Posts: 2517 | From: baltimore, md. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee Viv
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee Viv   Email Lee Viv       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Where can I get that video of the elk dream hunt, is it available for purchase?

Lee Vivian

Posts: 1424 | From: Lankster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Reeves
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Reeves   Email Dan Reeves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am simply amazed, I've heard of the Silvertip, and heard Paul's name mentioned but never had any idea of what this man has accomplished both personally and in the friendships he made.

"WOW" does not cover it, you fellows sure are blessed to have spent time with him.

Praise God for men like him

Posts: 301 | From: New Albany, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droptine59
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptine59   Email droptine59       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think there is enough info, stories, pictires, etc. on Paul for someone (you know who) to write a biogrophy of sorts... say funded by The Montana's Bowhunter society with portons of the proceeds going to his son.
Posts: 2517 | From: baltimore, md. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8th Dwarf
Charter
Member # 1328

Archery Elk, The Dream Hunt should be available from Stoneywolf Video productions in Minneapolis. They have a web site, so do a search and you will find them. Ebay will probably have some, too, although not all the time.

Dan, you don't know but about 2% of it! This man tried to keep his name OUT of the public eye and was ten times the hunter SOME OTHERS who seek notoriety will EVER be! Maybe we will get that book done...then some of the incredible stories will come out for all bowhunter to read.

Too Short

--------------------

dhanson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhanson   Email dhanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Too Short, for sharing the memories.
Posts: 101 | From: Doyline, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME READ!Thanks<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul WA
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul WA   Email Paul WA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too F Short, thanks for shedding some light on someone a bunch of us have only heard of but never had the oppotuninty to meet...PR

--------------------
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Posts: 905 | From: Western Washington | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©